0 inspections on Carrier411(turned down by some brokers)

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Ikamob01, May 25, 2023.

1. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Bunch of idiots who are lucky to successfully change a tire on TA’s these days. I say crawl under that truck and do your own.

Rideandrepair, Siinman and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Lol come on dave ... Ta dont give a #### about ur equipment no matter what u tell them... The last time I ever used ta i heard the new guy asking another tech for the 6/19 wrench.. I thought to myself i need to get the #### out of here if hes looking for a 6/19 wrench

4. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    My uncle has had the same issue with some brokers he has dealt with so far since getting his own authority. He still gets loads though from other brokers who don't care that he is new with no inspections. Now, WHEN he does get an inspection...idk. He likes to think he can just unhook his ELD when he wants and drive, or PC home a thousand miles sometimes right after delivering a load. Not the smartest ideal I don't think considering he runs a mighty mouse, aka hotshot.

Siinman, Rideandrepair and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Same here. It seems to be a relatively new thing. Since all the new entrants. They were more willing to do a little research and override the info. when Trucks were scarce. Now it’s policy written in stone.

Vampire, Rickp and Siinman Thank this.
  6. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    TA/Petro shops are only good as the people they got working in there. There are a few good ones I'd trust, but then that knowledge is out of date after a few months from turnover.

Also noteworthy about the quality of an inspection, that goes both ways. Some guys are in there because they waited till the last minute and need the sticker. They would be totally good with a pencil whipped inspection. Then the one guy in 20 that actually wants things inspected gets the same.

Likewise, I been to a couple that will find things that aren't there in order to pump up sales. In those cases, it pays to know what you're looking at so you don't have to just take their word for it.

Best bet to get a quality annual inspection is avoid locations near big urban centers, especially in the South, and visit during bankers hours. A week day, 9am-5pm (early is better), when the good tech, who gets to dictate his schedule and probably won't be out on a road service call busting some tires, will be on duty.

Shouldn't have to be that way, but it is.

7. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    That's code for metric crescent wrench. :D

8. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    Possibly txt spk for a 6 point 19mm wrench. Because nobody has time for too much words.

9. 50WT

50WT Heavy Load Member

Dec 26, 2015
    So what's the price difference between a inspection and a no BS inspection? Not that I would use TA for anything, just curious.

Rideandrepair, Vampire and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Probably, only the price you pay for it.
    We do our own annual inspections. Each truck or trailer gets an actual inspection, but we regularly inspect our trucks anyway so it is highly unusual to find anything during a annual. The annual inspection is really just an audit of our routine inspections. All that being said, if I knew for a fact the truck in question was for sure going to get a DOT level 1 inspection in the next day or so, I would do a very thorough annual inspection.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  11. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ve been doing my own for at least the last 5 yrs. Any Level 1 roadside or Scale inspection can be used as an annual inspection. Be prepared to politely educate a DOT Officer on that one. I did once. It’s plain and clearly written in the regs.

rollin coal and Siinman Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.