05 kw900 bushings/suspension?

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by kennyg506, Jul 21, 2011.

1. kennyg506

kennyg506 Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Hey just wondering if anyone knows approx. how often you need to replace the suspencsion bushing in a w9.
    My truck is all over the road and I cant seem to find a mechanic who knows how to fix the problem. I had the k pins checked, bearings,bushings, shocks all checked and kenworth mechanics say everything looks good every time I take it for its service thng is the truck still drives all over the road can annyone give suggestions thanks ken

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. savage02

savage02 Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Upstate, NY
    Ya got grease on your 5th wheel?

4. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    What model of suspension. AG ????

5. FlyingTrucker

FlyingTrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Elizabeth City, NC
    If you have AG200, look into oversized bushings for the suspension bars and have new end caps installed. I did that on my '97 W900L I had and I have sold it a local truckers where the repair has NEVER been made again. That repair I had done was done in '01 or '02. If oversized bushings are not available, at least be sure to have new end caps. The part is not expensive and worth having it installed. Good luck on your endeavors.

6. grizzly

grizzly Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Layton, Ut
    If you have AG200 it is just as cheap to upgrade to AG400 as it is to rebush. That being said I think your truck is too new for AG200. When you have your trailer dropped take a pry bar and pry on the sway bars at the bushings and see how much they move. I have seen trucks where you could actually move the axle back and forth just by pushing on the tires.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.