06mxs acert c15 boost problems

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Gunsmoke77, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Gunsmoke77

Gunsmoke77 Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2019
    I have been having trouble for the last month with my acert. Fuel mileage and boost so took it to cat fuel pressure check. Checked for air in fuel put new pump plus new davco fuel filter system. Changed out wiring harness iva oil pressure sensor was throwing code changed that changed I've oil check valve still nothing. Get into a pull its like I lose all pedal. This week i started to notice I'm getting soot on side of block and fuel milage has really tanked. Also had over head ran and when i turn Jake's on get a loud popping. Could a bad manifold be causing jakes to make popping noise

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Sure can. Black soot and popping sounds like your heading into the right direction. Inspect for broken or missing manifold to head stud. Not uncommon to find one or two broken and missing.

Expeditor and spsauerland Thank this.
  4. Gunsmoke77

Apr 27, 2019
    Ok Monday I'm gonna start taking it apart and see what I can find. My boost will only peak for about a split second then drop ten psi of boost and loose all pedal response unless i let of and roll back into it

5. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    I am no expert.
    But many acert owners get rid of the compound turbos.

6. Gunsmoke77

Apr 27, 2019
    I would love to but thats not in the budget right now

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  7. Look into the broken bolts it happens alot with mxs blocks. I had three broken and two with cracks.
    Like mentioned above check manifold bolts.

8. Gunsmoke77

Apr 27, 2019
  9. Intothesunset

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    Your exhaust manifold gasket is most likely gone from all that heat as well as the stud issue.

10. Gunsmoke77

Apr 27, 2019
    I've noticed on this trip back home fuel milage has really tanked boost will peak for a split second then fall off 10 psi and pedal response is gone on a pull. Just trying to get home so I can do the work in my own shop and not get raped on the road

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  11. Intothesunset

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    Are you smelling exhaust fumes?
    Be careful.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.