07 Kenworth T800 turned into W9

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by terrell7610, Jun 7, 2023.

1. terrell7610

terrell7610 Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2023
    I just got in an accident with my 07 t800 took out the front axle, fuel tank, steps, hood, and cab. So I was wondering does anyone know if you can swap a W9 cab and hood onto a T800? Or what I would need to do to put a W9 hood with a T800 cab? Please move on if your going to say it would be cheaper to buy a different truck I dont care. I am curious if anyone has attempted to do this and has any advice or if it isnt even possible to do?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    From the windshield back it’s the same truck... but I’m pretty sure T8 was set back axle...

Last Call Thanks this.
  4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Not worth the trouble. T800 is a setback axle, W900 is set forward.

Would need a #### ton of work. Axle relocation, steering box might need to be relocated etc.

If you want a tall hood, a T800H hood would probably be the simplest option.

5. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
  6. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

T800H hoods are hens teeth to come acrosst last I ever heard

cke Thanks this.
  7. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I don't believe they were too popular in the US. I seem to recall being told the majority of the T800H trucks built were sold in BC.

cke Thanks this.
  8. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    If it took out that much stuff its not worth fixing
    Your insurance company will more than likely total it ..
    Even though you said to move on but why would you try to even build some aboration like that by cross breding the 2
    Just go buy what you want which it sound's like you want a W9

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2023
    cke Thanks this.
  9. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    If the accident destroyed the ENTIRE BODY , why bother trying to repair it ?
    It’s totaled .

And trying to transplant a cab that was never designed for that frame and won’t fit since it has a set back steer axle .

Even if it isn’t totaled , which I’m sure it is , or if you didn’t have insurance coverage , all the down time lost revenue trying to repair the truck would easily pay for a replacement truck .

Get out your calculator .

are you grossing $5k a week ?
    Times 10 or 20 weeks to repair the wrecked truck .
    A lot longer if you wanna move the axle and steering box and brake lines and graft on a cab and hood that were never meant to fit on that frame .

LoneRanger and Last Call Thank this.
  10. terrell7610

terrell7610 Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2023
    Thanks for the input. I figured I had to put a new axle on anyways plus gear boxes because it blew those apart too I could relocate them. I was just wondering if they ran the same frames and the only difference was the front axle needed to be slid forward because that would not be a big deal but I didn’t know if the cab mounts were the same or not? I would love to just put a t800 high hood but you can’t find them for sale. I can’t just go buy w-9 rolloff truck I think I’ve found one and it’s in California and it’s junk. Plus now a days for what I paid for the truck it’s #### near doubled in price. So I figured if I could make it what I wanted now would be the time seeing that everything is getting ripped off it.

11. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    i think you would be dissapointed to see what price that truck would bring... sure it doubled in price... a year ago.. the market has taken a huge #### since then and the price of used trucks has fallen by 60% or more

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.