08 Feightliner Cascadia Detroit Series 60 Multiple Faults

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by VjMaidans, Apr 13, 2024.

1. VjMaidans

VjMaidans Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2020
    I’ve been to the mechanic three times but I still have had this issue. Some of the faults were light bulbs so I dropped them. The faults I have are now:

1. inlet manifold pressure failed high

2. engine air intake pressure-data erratic

3. ambient and inlet manifold pressure difference

4. controller #1 current below normal or open circuit
    I’ve already seen a mechanic, who talked me into replacing the temperature intake sensor, I have two on each side, so I replaced them. I also replaced the turbo boost sensor, just in case, and nothing changed

After replacing the sensors I haven’t cleared the faults by the computer. I also should mention that I have an EJR bypass (deleted). The truck is losing power now, I couldn’t find any inter-cooler leak. However, some me can antics say it’s possibly a wire short or the computer. I’ve been to them many times and know how it goes where you just keep replacing things again and again. I hope someone can give me some advice on this issue.

I want to try to fix this myself, but if anyone knows a good mechanic in the charlotte area as well, let me know. Thank you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.