09 prostar a/c replaced everything still not working

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by radicastuff, Aug 7, 2012.

1. banda

banda Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2016

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. robertfinley86

robertfinley86 Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2016
    I have a 2010 international prostar my A/C is blowing out of the defrost vent and the other vents do anyone know how to fix this problem

4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    In that case I would say your blend door is broken. Whole heater box has to come out and split apart for that.

5. IvanW

IvanW Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I am working on a 2009 Prostar, every time I say that I should turn and run like the wind from one of these I don't seem to heed my own advice.
    This one is really doing something strange,at least I have not seen it before.When you turn the ac on to high,the blower motor will blow fine for a while and then it starts,the best way I can explain is like the switch is being turned on and off. When you turn the setting to a lower speed it blows with no problem.
    The other problem is, it is not blowing cold,I think this has something to do with the blend door but not entirely sure. I evacuated,vacuumed and recharged the system with the correct amount of refrigerant.I replaced the control unit as the switches felt a little worn out.Not been able to hook up a computer(using JPro software) as my computer started acting up,which is a whole other issue.Any ideas where to start looking.

6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    For the blower motor, check your 30amp breaker in the breaker panel in front of the passenger seat. The blower breaker is in the very front row closest to the panel cover. The panel cover hits this breaker all the time and knocks it loose. Pull the breaker right out and inspect the plug terminals for any heat damage from a loose or bad connection.

The blower box on those are super critical when it comes to reassembly. It has to be put back together perfectly or warm cab air will blow right around the evap and result in lazy ac temps. The grey kick panel in front of the passenger seat actually forms the outer housing for the blower box and must mate perfectly with the rest of the black colour blower housing. It is a really weird shaped fit and screws are in dumb spots and many mechanics do not put all the screws back in, especially the very bottom ones. Make sure this panel is properly installed with all the screws. I have seen 15 degrees difference just because of this alone!!!

IvanW Thanks this.
  7. IvanW

IvanW Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I am sure I put a post up thanking you for your help,not sure what happened to it.You were spot on about the circuit breaker,tightened and cleaned connections problem solved.
    On the covers I secured them as best I could and sealed them with duct tape as customer does not want to spend any money for a proper repair,it has helped quite a bit but ac is not that cold.If you have any other great ideas I would really like to hear them.Once again thanks.

8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Dirty cab filters will cause lazy temps and also pinch off the heater hoses to the heater core for a few more degrees. Make sure the recirculate door is closing when on "MAX". This door blocks access to the cab filter under the wiper cowl when in the MAX position.

9. PMS DIESEL

PMS DIESEL Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2016
    My a/c positioning knob on my Prostar stop working any advise?

10. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    What do you, like it won't change modes?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.