$10,000 EIDL GRANT

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Scooter Jones, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Well, looks like this thread has just about run it's course ;-)

I took off the last 2 weeks in April and all of May. The market seems to be picking up some, which is good news. Hopefully, pulling my truck off the road helped tighten market capacity for someone else LOL

I started dipping my toes back in the water the first of June. What's nice is the Feds adjusted the rules regarding PPP percentages, etc. I still have several thousand dollars of that forgivable loan, which is nice.

Tug Toy and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Scooter Jones and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  4. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Yep, had to install those protective screens and everyone has to wear a mask at all times. Very busy, as soon as our governor said that salons can open, 10 min later my wife started to get slammed with calls and text messages from people wanting to get in

5. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Good to hear!

DUNE-T Thanks this.
  6. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Not so fast, please!
    I have not signed it and I don't think I will. Yet...as long as the papers to sign are on the table, I keep seeing them and play that "I can resist the money" game, testing my character, if nothing else.

The general social media expert talk is that the loan amount higher that $25K but less then $200K is secured by collateral but not by a personal guarantee and above $200K is secured by both. It would mean that loans for less than $200k, the personal assets are not included in collateral. BUT I don't see it anywhere in my agreement and more importantly, what I see is a definition of collateral which says:

For loan amounts of greater than $25,000,
    Borrower hereby grants to SBA, the secured party hereunder, a

continuing security interest in and to any and all “Collateral” as described herein to secure payment and
    performance of all debts, liabilities and obligations of Borrower to SBA hereunder without limitation, including
    but not limited to all interest, other fees and expenses (all hereinafter called “Obligations”). The Collateral
    includes the following property that Borrower now owns or shall acquire or create immediately upon the

acquisition or creation thereof: all tangible and intangible personal property,
    including, but not limited to: (a)inventory, (b) equipment, (c) instruments, including promissory notes (d) chattel paper, including tangible chattel paper and electronic chattel paper, (e) documents, (f) letter of credit rights, (g) accounts, including

health-care insurance receivables and credit card receivables, (h) deposit accounts, (i) commercial tort claims, (j)
    general intangibles, including payment intangibles and software and (k) as-extracted collateral as such terms
    may from time to time be defined in the Uniform Commercial Code. The security interest Borrower grants
    includes all accessions, attachments, accessories, parts, supplies and replacements for the Collateral, all
    products, proceeds and collections thereof and all records and data relating thereto.

So...if I am intelligent enough to understand all tangible and intangible personal property it would be all physical things I own (house, cars, shoes, ... sliverware) and intangible (for instance not published fiction novels, or movie scripts , If I were a writer)
    So I don't know where they get that idea that loans lesser than 200K but greater than $25K are not secured by personal assets.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  7. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Unless, they referring to me as a corporation. It is not me - the physical person - listed as a borrower but my business name. And ... perhaps there is such a thing as a business' (corporation) personal assets. It does not make much sense, does it? LOL
    I am a little lost, I must say.
    I am curious if it is just me or anyone else struggled with the meaning of it too.

Midwest Trucker and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  8. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Wonder what rules these guys have to follow.

Breaking News: YRC to receive $700 million CARES Act loan - FreightWaves

JonJon78, Rideandrepair and TallJoe Thank this.
  9. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    $700 million to prop up the walking dead. Too big to fail. Someone said no to free market.

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I think most of that Language is for Bankruptcy court purposes. There’s going to be a lot of scammers trying to wiggle out of repaying the loans. A lot will get away with it too. Just like the Mortgage debacle. When cash was King. I was back in the Market, before prices went up. I kept losing offers to others who had cash offers. They obviously had hidden cash, and walked away from other homes. There’s so much cash in the system right now, Campers and boats are selling like crazy. Young Kids are all racing around more than ever, in their super cars. Home Depot is packed everyday. No recession at all, from what I’m seeing. All the money injected, makes it hard to tell, what’s really going on. Makes Me wonder, about the future backlash, from all of it. How much of it is a result of all the easy money? Be it EIDL, PPP, or PUA. Doesn’t matter, what others are doing. I’m going to cover my ###. I’ll pay the $25k back ASAP. Right now, it’s there if it’s needed. Just costing Me money to sit in the Bank. Strange Times.

Tug Toy and TallJoe Thank this.
  11. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Another Corporate Money Grab. Reminds Me of when UPS got all new “Green” Trucks, paid for by Tax Payers. I’m sure a lot of Independants could use new tires. I don’t see anyone lobbying for a Tire Highway Safety Program. Lol, I Don’t think they should either. Just more B.S. I’m sure there will be more “Loans” to other Companies.

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.