$10,000 EIDL GRANT

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Scooter Jones, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Listened to a financial show tonight regarding the PPP funding.

Funding was set aside in the CARES Act for PPP, for companies 500 employees or less.

However, 90% of small businesses consist of 19 employees or less.

Market Watch has been able to determine that roughly 95% of the PPP money went to companies with 100 to 500 employees!

With the majority of the loans made by mega banks or super regional banks! Banks who had no interest in working with smaller companies in that 19 and under employees size.

Some things never change...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  3. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    I created another separate checking account titled “payroll”. Put all funds in it to satisfy PPP requirements

As an sole proprietor/I.C. It’s all I can think of

Rideandrepair and mp4694330 Thank this.
  4. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Received an email from my bank rep today. They have my current SBA 7(a) truck loan. He told me NOT to make my end of the month truck payment, SBA contacted them and told them to defer the next 6 mos of payments.

Also, confirmed that after those six mos, the SBA confirmed to them that another 6 mos of payment FORGIVENESS will follow.

It's kind of strange having your lender call you and tell you not to make your monthly payment.

I feel pretty fortunate the way things are shaking out for me right now. Especially since I personally know many small operators that never even made it past 1st base on the PPP loan/grant.

5. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    I took the time this afternoon to contact the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Credit Officer and Chief Lending Officer, of the local community bank that processed my PPP loan/grant. I put in a good word for how diligently the lending rep who worked with me performed.

I hope he gets more than an, "atta boy!"...

The Chief Lending Officer got right back with me and told how tirelessly all the reps in their six different locations worked to get the applications submitted, processed and funded. Noting that 99% of the applicants were funded.

That is tremendous!

6. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    I love bureaucracy. My eligibility is my forgiveness. Sole proprietor/Independent contractor fell through the cracks on forgiveness.

snippet from rules

What documentation will I be required to submit to my lender with my request for loan forgiveness?
    In addition to the borrower certification required by Section 1106(e)(3) of the Act, to substantiate your request for loan forgiveness, if you have employees, you should submit Form 941 and state quarterly wage unemployment insurance tax reporting forms or equivalent payroll processor records that best correspond to the covered period (with evidence of any retirement and health insurance contributions). Whether or not you have employees, you must submit evidence of business rent, business mortgage interest payments on real or personal property, or business utility payments during the covered period if you used loan proceeds for those purposes.
    The 2019 Form 1040 Schedule C that was provided at the time of the PPP loan application must be used to determine the amount of net profit allocated to the owner for the eight-week covered period. The Administrator, in consultation with the Secretary, determined that for purposes of loan forgiveness it is appropriate to require self-employed

individuals to rely on the 2019 Form 1040 Schedule C to determine the amount of net profit allocated to the owner during the covered period for the reasons described in Paragraph 1.d. above.

Freddy57 and Blackhorse77 Thank this.
  7. paulf

paulf Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2012
    SE WI

8. paulf

paulf Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2012
    SE WI
    Are they adding the payments on to the end of the loan or writing them off?

9. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Just take draws throughout the 8 week period that are equivalent (in total) to what you listed on the original PPP application, keep track of those draws through your accounting software. Print it out at the end of 8 weeks and send it in to the bank.

Rideandrepair and Linte_Loco Thank this.
  10. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    First 6 mos are deferred, second 6 mos are written off.

Rideandrepair and paulf Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.