$10,000 EIDL GRANT

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Scooter Jones, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Blackhorse77

Blackhorse77 Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2020
    If everyone is getting it, then it is not fair for the rest of us.
    We all can see here who applied first for free money.
    I didn’t get anything yet, except the stimulus money that hit my bank account automatically. Now, I have no choice than apply for unemployment benefits. Even that will be a hurdle to jump.
    And I cannot operate under low rates on the market right now. It will wear the truck and the trailer for nothing, as well as the driver who will try to keep up. Operating under the current circumstances will shut down our business for good.
    If the pandemic wouldn’t happened, we were happy campers where we were.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    TallJoe and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I am a little stressed myself.

So many lessons and possible solutions that can be done. For example a volunteer butcher army thats sitting home out of work, they can be flown and bused to the meat plants to keep them going for example.

I guess if that domino falls, beef and chicken are not far behind. Then what do we do for protein? Ensure? HA... like as if.

Edit...

I know there is another thought. If I think about a problem long enough.

One time decades ago Maryland's Wildlife complained that we had approximately 300,000 Deer in the mountains around Frederick and Hagerstown give or take. All you have to do is walk up there find one, shoot same and a processor will have that wonderful venison thats oh so good in wintertime.

Im not certain how much food as in meat you can get out of a deer processed right there by those who know how to do it and try to say feed Frederick Maryland's Population. It wont last long.

I know how to cut and drop trees into firewood and whatever else. Thats my forte' if I am not running a 18 wheeler or a heavy equiptment dozer or wheeled loader. But there are those of us who know how to process say elk, deer and so on. They are the ones who will never starve in times like these.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I can go with that thought. I did not have it occur to me.

I don't think we have anyone in Congress that truly understands the epic scale of rescuing all businesses in the USA. 450 billion? All gone in 12 or so days. Poof. They want another hundreds of billions? That will be gone too. The bucket of water against a towering inferno.

How about 10 trillion. And if you want X dollars just show up at the normal banking you go to and say I want this much and they will make it happen right there. Just like they issue debit and credit cards in a few minutes at the desk somewhere inside the branch. Go big or go home.

I think the banks are the problem. They don't want any part of this. Not at 1% or some measly figure. In fact I think the entire Banking industry is trying to find a rock to crawl and hide under right now. So much money filling the imaginary skies all over the USA on paper but they don't want it. It would destroy them.

TallJoe Thanks this.
  5. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    You guys bought a truck in an already oversaturated industry. You are the passenger of a one truck operation. You really feel that you and the actual truck operator should be entitled to two separate loans?

On top of the loans you've already taken out plus the credit card debt that you mention how many more loans do you possibly need to get the wheels on the bus rolling with this ONE truck operation?

6. Blackhorse77

Feb 29, 2020
    You think you are entitled more than me to these loans?
    Maybe because you have more revenue? Didn’t you know this was SUPPOSED to protect most vulnerable? I will not tell you my numbers. It’s my business, not yours. What I use these loans for is also my business. If I want to pay off loans that collect higher interest, it’s up to me to make that decision, not you. I am asking questions to see how the loan applies to co-owners. I put my money into this business as well as my spouse. I ask because I don’t know. If you know the answer, then please answer.
    I am not the one who applied early to collect free money here.

7. JonJon78

Jul 1, 2018
    I'm not taking a loan.

8. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    That's just a theoretical thought...I am not that naive..... but for it to be fair it should not be FCFS contest. I tried to operate for even as low as 1.5 per mile but now I cannot even get that. Let's say I have cash to survive for another 10 months...paying all my bills and get food without anybody's help.

Now, when none of this available or it won't be available for those who still try to stay in business but will eventfully come to a halt, why would they need to deplete their personal funds, liquidate their personal assets and a smart arse who was telling you "you are a fool operating for this low" has been getting subsidies or unemployment for weeks already. A quitter, who decided it was beyond sense to do this for this low but their dignity allowed them to take freebies without even trying?

So either, per free market fair competition, nobody gets anything and the fittest survive or everybody who qualifies (pays taxes and meets the criteria) gets the same dole and have equal chances to go through this. Otherwise, screw it all, all the tricks are allowed now and ever. I mean: Fake ELDS, Double Brokering, Illegal brokering, 1099 hiring, bribing purchasing/shipping managers, bribing brokers and mega broker agents, breaking seals - consolidating freight, sending freight on trains, cancelling loads last minute in favor for the one that pays $100 more....all other White Volvoling...wearing flip flops and keep a bare foot or two on a dashboard while driving....

9. Blackhorse77

Feb 29, 2020
    That is good to hear you are better situated than the rest of us.
    I wouldn’t have need for it if the pandemic wouldn’t turn around the world upside down.
    I would be stupid not to apply.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  10. JonJon78

Jul 1, 2018
    Best of luck to you.

Blackhorse77 Thanks this.
  11. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Whether I am or not, I am not sure.... but the point I am trying to make is that because many like you are applying, I would be foolish not to, for my own good.
    I am just pointing the phenomena of the side effects of the whole shutdown and its remedies.
    I'd prefer that you go out of business, go semi broke --- not lose your personal assets but apply to IDES (good luck with that now lol) and I who was better at saving than you, have all the Chicago dry van market for myself...possibly able to buy another truck and hire you and your husband as a team working for me until you fit enough to go on your own.
    Take it easy now....this I've said half jokingly....:D. However, deep inside, I sort of feel like that.

x1Heavy and Blackhorse77 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.