10 day course in Salt Lake to go Dedicated Walmart

Discussion in 'CR England' started by JahB, Jan 29, 2013.

1. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    Yeah, I had to turn them down. The pay was unclear, they couldn't (wouldn't) tell me how many hours to actually expect in a week, except to be prepared to be called any time I had any hours on my HOS, couldn't(w)talk about the shift rotations, the kind of trucks (not that I care, it was an experiment to ask) or about what would be expected at the job, although I took it upon myself to learn here more than they knew or would tell me, and was fine with that part of it.

So, all in all, when someone offers me a pig in a poke or wants to play hide-the-weinie, I have learned not to go ahead and buy it, but either try to figure out what they are hiding, or walk away from the deal, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he's walking. lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    i agree, better to save the figh for one worth fighting.

4. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    Makes sense when they don't tell you anything

5. JRut

JRut Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Texas
    If you haven't found anything yet , beverage bulk delivery is is really easy if there's any positions in your area. (Pepsi, dp, Coke). Also transport is even easier if they're hiring. I drive a Dr. pepper truck, just back up to grocery store docks, roll the pallets of with power jack, drop them, get them checked in, and get outta there. Do anywhere from 5 to 9 stores a day. Clock in about 3 am. and home everyday by atleast 1 or 2 pm. Easy money and not a bad gig all in all. Pepsi and Coke pay more. But the work is all about the same. The only bad part is getting up early and dealing with some of those rude receivers but I just do my job, ignore them and get outta there as fast as I can. If you haven't found anything yet id say its atleast worth checking out. Most bulk drivers at my plant have been there 10, 20, 30 years and plan on retiring from that job. Good luck!

6. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    My wife is SO not into me working, that I've had to start a business that keeps me at home. Just bought a pair of 1961 and 1963 Volvo PV544s to restore...and my wife says it's ok if I drink beer while I work. Doesn't pay much, but the fringe benefits are good. But thanks for the tip! I was kind of looking at those before the wife put her foot down. lol
    lucky me!

JRut Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.