10 Ultimate Safety Tips for Truck Drivers

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by truckaholic001, Nov 1, 2019.

1. truckaholic001

truckaholic001 Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Nevada
    To make sure our fellow american truck driver stay safe here is the list of 10 tricks that can help them stay safe and reduce risks during their daily operations.

[​IMG]

Lepton1, D.Tibbitt and allniter Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
  4. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    Stopped reading after #1

Cute.

5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Reported. Hopefully it will get moved to jokes or social

6. truckaholic001

truckaholic001 Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Nevada
    Thank you for taking out the time to report, thought it might be useful to the beginners or new commers like me!!

lovesthedrive and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    much of that stuff.."should" have been talked about in any CDL school or especially any company orientation, since they are paying for any workman's comp insurance or hospital insurance. then you sign the packet of about 4,984, 243, 909 pages showing you understand and read it all or watched all the videos.

if no one paid attention to any of those safety tips back then, most likely it'll fly over their heads now.

also, accidents do happen, no matter how careful someone is.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Your last day on earth will begin as ordinary like any other day.

If you can live through that and tell us all about it, then you have used one of your 9 lives assigned to all truckers.

Ive already burnt 8 of them. And I refuse to memories all the ones I managed "Not to hit"

That 10 spot list is nicky picky BS. The real safety trucker is someone who does not allow hurt or kill any one with his rig or load while on the job.

If I am so bad? I apologize. When I was young and impressonable with safety preaching, er talks and meetings extolling the virtues of sweeping out a trailer while wearing steel toed boots etc... I prostrated myself before the pastor suit and pledged following and feality to all those itty bitty safety stuff.

Later when lives were on the line including my own you tend to dispense with the frivolities really fast and can tell Pastor safety where he can stick it.

One final thought. "Edit" if I hear one sentance from any suit about lower back safety and knee lifting, I'll drag him around back for a little donny brook. See how he likes his pain. Why? Those are the companies that stick 550 100 pound meat boxes on the floor and tell me I have 3 hours to move it. (#### near 49000 pounds...)

SHEESH.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    Lepton1 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  9. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    11. Dont eat tuna and broccoli casserole for breakfast unless you just started your reset.

10. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Number 1 is funny . how must u roll out your tarps without climbing on top of the freight? Or should i hang off the side of my trailer and swing from strap to strap like tarzan, all in the name of safety?

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Or my personal favorite. Stand straddle your binder pipe vs chain that just refuses to get that little last half a link vs a 20,000 pound coil wanting to shift 3 inches over your foot as the lead pipe takes your jewels out when you finally lever the thing. Clank! Thump and a squeal...

I have seen so many truckers get angry at the pipe on binder that wont budge that last 4 feet to shut. So they get Darwin about it and dedicate brute strength and a lack of thinking to the problem.

Lepton1 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.