10 year veterans at megas, why would you stay?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Lonewolf2000, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    It’s pathetic what the government has allowed to happen. No American should have to compete with foreigners in their own country

stillwurkin and SteerTire Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    We all complain about how cut throat trucking can be, with the low rate issue.

But the Tech industry is even worse. I follow that industry pretty close because of family.

And I can say without a doubt. Foreign visa holders are STEALING jobs from our college grads. With the help of the Tech companies.

An example: Microsoft has a need for 100 new employees. They advertise 2 job openings, receive 500 applications. Hire 2.

Now repeat this process for 2 months.

Then throw the remaining jobs onto the market. And you get almost zero applicants. Why? Because you applied for one of the first 16 openings. And you’re banned from applying again (by Microsoft policy) for 6 months.

March in the Visa applicants.

surf_avenue and stillwurkin Thank this.
  4. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    OMG I can’t believe that is legal. Have you contacted your rep and senators about this? Do you have evidence this is really happening?

5. SteerTire

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Oh yeah. Lots of evidence. But contacting reps is useless. They get perks from the lobbyist. And they help fast track these people through. Even better, they’re allowed to sponsor family members once they have a green card. Unskilled family members, that take other jobs. Like trucking. Here’s a list of a few offenders.

452D5E8B-44D0-43FF-ADC7-DBC8958B263C.png

Midnightrider909 Thanks this.
  6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    We're getting kind of close to political content here. If that happens I'll have to move this thread to the Political forum and I really don't want to do that.
    You guys deserve better than that. ;)

laaylor Thanks this.
  7. SteerTire

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Uh, it’s not meant to be political. It’s about jobs and pay. Why there is no longevity in employment anymore, and why they don’t raise pay.

We spend all day and 2 dozen threads frowning on people who pull cheap freight. How is that different?

Pulling cheap freight = lower wages. It really doesn’t matter who’s to blame. The result is the same.

See France and their current events. The real events. Not the ones you see in the news. Go to the anonymous interviews. Fuel taxes were the tipping point of a larger problem.

But hey, they got a raise!! Yippee! They’re not done yet ;) Now that’s political :)

Midnightrider909 Thanks this.
  8. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    The government takes money from people's paychecks because the fact is that tens of millions of people do not file a federal income tax return and the government is not going to go after a bunch of impoverished hourly workers and people on disability and welfare.

Anybody that starts a business and makes money and doesn't pay taxes and lives like a regular person and not a criminal will be dealt with severely. Look what happened to Wesley Snipes.

Sure, you don't have to pay taxes as long as you live at a subsistence level and don't own anything for them to take. And even then, if you work a regular job they take taxes out.

And they sent Adam Schiff to prison, he was a tax protestor and might have even been a smart lawyer if I remember correctly.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.