10 yr 3rd generation driver.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by rcaircraftnut, Jun 23, 2011.

1. rcaircraftnut

rcaircraftnut Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Tn
    I am new to this site, but not to trucking. Learned on a late 60s KW with a 5+4. Wish I could get an old truck like that to make a pick up out of. Lol. Anyway I found the site while looking for info on the Cat C13 acert without the dpf. I just made a deal on a lease purchase for a 06 or 07 KW t600. I really don't need to be told how ignorant I am for not putting $$$$$$$ down and financing through a dealer. Unless you know my life story and situation pls don't criticize my choices. I have made some stupid choices with regards to my love of sportbikes and it has cost me in more ways than one. I now have 5 citations in 3 yrs as well as two titanium plates and 27 screws with 2 pins in my right forearm hurts constantly but at least it works instead of hanging limp. I figure this new foray as an o/o will be a very big challenge but I also feel if I'm going to be out here on the road I should have something to show for it.3 yrs and the title is mine. I think I can starve that long if I have to. Heck I was homeless from Jan of this year till May. I have made it through many bad things in my life so hopefully this will be a positive exp.
    I have a purebred pitbull that is my pride and joy. He's been the only good thing in my life for a long while. Will be heading out to pick him up in a few weeks as my lil brother is taking care of him at the moment.
    I also as you can tell by the screen name fly radio controll airplanes. Been doing it for 20 yrs. Off and on lol.
    Anyway I'm moving to Tennessee this month as the company I'm leasing on with don't go to the northwest at all. And I like the people there as well as the lower cost of living.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    You've sure got a lot of challenges ahead of you with your driving record, the lease-purchase, etc. But, I'm sure you know all of that. Welcome and good luck!

4. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Welcome to the party!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.