1099 for employment verification

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Sauirm256, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Sauirm256

Sauirm256 Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2019
    I'm just going to be honest with my recruiter and tell him I don't have the 1099's. It's the right thing to do. If it genders my employment, I'll just keep on trying with other companies. If I continue to strike out I'll pay for my own training in a few months after saving up. Thank you all for your help! I'm determined to get in the industry no matter how many hurdles I must jump

buddyd157 and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The state might pay for private cdl school through the WIOA Program.
    Lots of paper work and hoops to jump through.
    Apply to some more companies for trucking company cdl school.
    You're right; just be honest; "I worked for cash." Lots of drivers on this forum did the same before becoming truckers and had no problem finding work.
    Try these for trucking company cdl school & apply even if you don't think they'll accept you:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Evergreen Transport - Evergreen, AL
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CFI - www.cfidrive.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    KLLM Transport -
    Home | KLLM Driving Academy
    https://www.kllmdrivingacademy.com
    Come train to be a professional truck driver at The KLLM Driving Academy. We'll get you equipped to go on the road as a Class A truck driver in 22 days - and we'll have a job waiting when you finish your training. Plus, if you agree to drive for us for one year after you're trained, your tuition is covered by a KLLM scholarship!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Stevens Transport - www.stevenstransport.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    navyvet5150 and Sauirm256 Thank this.
  4. Sauirm256

Sauirm256 Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2019
    Thank you!

5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i was also going to mention about the taxes you paid, then figured, you didn't pay them. as then, there would have been a file on you.

Sauirm256 Thanks this.
  6. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    just a bit of advice that i hope you actually take and use..

if you should ever (go forbid) work for a 1099 trucking company, for the love of god and all that's holy....PAY THE TAXES, so you do not go thru this again, and WILL HAVE proof of earnings....

Western flyer and Sauirm256 Thank this.
  7. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    in fact, seek out a CPA, to start a file on you so that you can pay quarterly and have proof if needed of someone that can verify employment in the future if you need it...

Sauirm256 Thanks this.
  8. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I have worked for myself the biggest part of my life. The few times I have had to go through this, I just put self employed on it. All they do is call your previous employers to verify that you worked there. I have yet to have one call me.
    I have worked here and there for as much as a day or up to 6 months for other people, but don't even keep up with the dates or mention it.

9. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    @Sauirm256 don’t pay for trucking school out of pocket or waste your time going to it at all. Not until you know you can get hired on with a company.

Employment verification is a big part of being offered a job. Any perspective employer is going to want proof of work history.

Get your ducks in a row 1st. This is advice, just make sure you can get a job before you get to vested in getting that cdl

10. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    If you have a cdl, there is always someplace to work, to get started at least, may not be your dream job.

FoolsErrand Thanks this.
  11. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    It’s amazing all the hoops we have to jump through so we can get paid to wear our pajamas and flip flops all day

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.