12.7 detroit upgrades

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by prerunner404, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Truckermonkey

Truckermonkey Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2019
    Can the timing change at different times based on boost and intake temps? I have a 12.7 tuned by SS60D that acts like the ecm ####### the timing when it sees high boost/temp. It sounds awful and I lose a lot of power momentarily, but after I back out of it a little bit it'll "advance" and get right back up there. Seems temperature sensitive because the colder it is outside the worse the timing shake gets.

2. benjamin260_6

benjamin260_6 Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Yeah, there's a few different timing tables and a bunch of modifiers that advance the timing based on temp, altitude, etc. SS60 is what I like to call a calibration stuffer. He puts the same ddec 3 calibration in every ecm that he tunes...at least everyone I've ever seen and sets the pw_fudge_factor at 1.15 so the timing isn't really correct for your engine. That being said, I don't think the programming is causing that issue.

Truckermonkey Thanks this.
  3. Truckermonkey

Truckermonkey Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2019
    That's kind of what I was thinking. I wasn't ready to blame his tune, because when it clears up it really runs out nice. I get up to 45 lbs of boost and the pyro rarely goes above 850°. I just can't figure this one out, I've replaced all fuel lines, fuel pump, installed a Fass system, the motor is rebuilt with only 75,000 on it. New engine harness, injector harness, all new sensors, etc. What are your thoughts on it?
    Thanks in advance

• Draft saved Draft deleted