12 hour (and counting) offload.

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by ethos, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Fede671

Fede671 Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2015
    i remember when i worked for a oil transfer company, i was out with a driver as his laborer & we spent pumping almost 16hrs of oil. it was flowing really slow, super thick Oil! it was in the engine room of a factory trawler for fishing in alaska. we had to run alot of hose & we had a m-15 pump with 2inch hose,it barely helped. thank goodness we get paid by the hr. we both made over $ 500 that day. it was a gd day. sucky thing is we both had to work the next day early at 5.

oh yea my dirver had to leave the truck at the job site because he ran out of hrs.

clean harbors is the name of the company & its a union job

scythe08, rolls canardly and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Well you beat my 12.5 time. I was pissed that I was only going to make $400 for the day until it took 12.5 to unload. At $62/hr it made for a decent day. (Btw, just so people don't ask, the customer was across the street from our terminal, hence the $400 load pay)

ethos Thanks this.
  4. ChicagoJohn

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I love latex. Company I haul for does a ton of latex. Only certain tank washes with do the wash out and then only on certain days. (Days that they know the EPA or local water plant isn't testing the water)

5. moloko

moloko Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    seattle, wa
    Holy mother of god dude, I need to haul some of this. I'm hoping you get paid hourly, haha... used to haul cream back in the day, 4 hours to offload and wash out. But this latex sounds awesome for a lazy and useless person like myself. Why else would I choose a job where I sit down all day...

Fede671 and ChicagoJohn Thank this.
  6. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Most latex comes off in an hour or two. This one was just thick.

7. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Wait till they send you into the trailer with a razor blade because it's your fault they can't clean it...:)

Fede671 and ChicagoJohn Thank this.
  8. Fede671

Fede671 Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2015
    thats when u get the hydroblaster 20k & u come out of that tank looking like this
    :eek: IMG_20130705_184808_780.jpg

ChicagoJohn Thanks this.
  9. ChicagoJohn

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    You laugh, but there's a tank wash near Chicago that sends a guy into the tank with a pressure washer first before they start the actual wash. The trick is to wash it in cold water first, then hot water and a solvent. Most tank washes just use hot and it actually hardens the latex and makes it impossible to completely clean it.

Fede671 Thanks this.
  10. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Can't speak for you but it was a risk for me 20 years ago I just didn't value my life as much back then

rolls canardly Thanks this.
  11. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    @blade, I was speaking to the rash of vehicle occupants that announced to a police officer
    that they had a carry permit, and a firearm - and were subsequently shot. Search You Tube videos.

Yeah; I was Superman 20 years ago too, Now I always carry - but have sense enough to
    Keep my paws on the steering wheel, or even both hands on the door edge, and in plain sight.
    I always ask if it's OK, or tell them, I'm going to get my paperwork - before I make a move now.
    From their side of the street though, there sure are a lot more weirdos out there now.
    I can see why they would be jumpy.

One thing I can't figure out;
    why don't they just un-holster the taser - and have it at the ready? You'd think that would be SOP?
    You don't have to point it at anyone, just kinda have it in your hand so you don't have to pull it.
    Sure would be better than killing someone needlessly, or by mistake, right?. Just light 'em up.
    They ain't dead, they just have an adjusted attitude.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.