$12/HR Local Hazmat Tanker

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by GraniteRiver, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    That's not John Wayne.
    The wages are a joke.
    As soon as I find non cdl work I will be gone for good.
    No layover,no detention hardly ever, and no miles. I think Taco bell in my area is hiring. Maybe I'll work two part time jobs.

okiedokie Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Feel like the hired hand. If I had to do it all over again.....nope. But that's water under the bridge. Sleeping & waking up in your own bed has alot to be said for it.

4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Sears was brought down by two things. First they were very slow to respond to online sales, which is odd considering they started as mail order, and made some really bad decisions in the late 90s and early 2000s - such as stock buy back plans in 2007.

The second is their pension obligations - 90,000 former employees generating no revenue but still getting paid. There was little they could do with that anchor around their necks. The CEO has not made good, long term decisions in general, but when 10% of your gross revenue over the last 5 years goes to pension costs it limits options.

drvrtech77 and 201 Thank this.
  5. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Yes,to OP...there is a "loophole" in the law that some truck companies take advantage of.Something like "if you cross State lines on a dail basis,they dont have to pat overtime.So,if youre in KCMO and venture 8 miles into KCK,that qualifies or Iowa etc.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.