12 MPH over, no ticket, but level 1 Inspection.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Cat1, Jul 5, 2017.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I imagine he was in a good mood.

Vermont has my name on it. Upgrade in several places. No troubles.... much. except wondering what I will have to do to drive backwards...

snowwy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    It's posted on CSA for companies. For drivers. It's called PSP. Google and you'll get multiple links to order your PSP. Cost is $10.

You all should be doing it anyways. Just to keep track of whats on there and when it expires. And making sure there's nothing that don't belong on there.

I order mine every 6 months or so. Although i'm local now and haven't had an inspection in almost 18 months now. So I'm not ordering it as much these days.

Sounds like you either got a warning or a fix it on the CSA report. Thus the company having to sign and return it. I'd be checking both your PSP and your MVR. From what some have you been posting. Sounds like SOME states will report it on your MVR regardless of actual citation or not.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    You see this is the problem with the warning that they give.
    Many drivers think this great I just won the lottery.
    I was 12 miles over the speed limit and all I got was just a warning.
    The reality is you got a mark on your csa score that you can't do anything about.
    When the company insurance co. gets hold of it hang on to your backside.....

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  5. archangelic peon

archangelic peon Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    That's rediculous;
    I just got a 23 over on the grapevine completely dismissed & you can't even fight a 12 over warning...warnings should be verbal only if there is no possibility of disputing a mark on the record.

Bean Jr. and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    If cops know you're going to fight a ticket. They will give you a warning on your CSA. Where you'll be stuck with it for 3 years.

7. archangelic peon

archangelic peon Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    It just seems bizarre since isn't the whole point of writing tickets to generate income for the municipality/state?

Just intentionally giving a warning that they know will hurt your employment without benefiting monetarily seems pretty & personal.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  8. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    You only get CSA/PSP points if a DOT inspection is conducted. If a LEO gives you warning, written or otherwise, and a DOT inspection was not done, you are in the clear on it. CSA/PSP are completely under DOT jurisdiction. An LEO who can not or did not do a DOT inspection can not affect your PSP score or your companies CSA score. Since the OP got a DOT inspection form, I think he is in for a rude awakening when he checks his scores for it.

9. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    There is another thread on here somewhere where a cmv officer was posting how he would like to learn how better to respect drivers.
    I posted that he could respect us better by when warranted giving us a verbal warning when we did somthing wrong and then send us on our way.
    Not give us a written warning that we can not challenge and becomes part of our safety record that we are accountable for.

HopeOverMope Thanks this.
  10. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    If it is a written warning that has to be signed by the company and returned to fmcsa it is an inspection and it will go on the csa score.
    Other written warnings are done on regular police department stationary and are not signed and returned to fmcsa.
    That's how you can tell the difference .

11. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    Yeah....thats what i said.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.