12 MPH over, no ticket, but level 1 Inspection.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Cat1, Jul 5, 2017.

1. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Just an update. (I'm not the OP) However I too was stopped in Oregon a few months ago for speed (5 over in a non-active construction zone) and was instead given a level 2 and a warning for speed was noted on the clean inspection.

The clean inspection shows up on company's report but no negative points to them. Furthermore, looking at my psp shows only clean inspections (including the one noted) but ZERO points. So let's dispense with all this false information about warnings associated inspections and it's a career ender.

4. Observer1

Observer1 Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2016
    I have mentioned this before but ANY violation on a DOT inspection can be challenged. The process is called a DataQ. Generally the way it works is you (or the company) contacts the state motor carrier division that issued the report. The assigned individual will review any information you have to show that the violation did not occur. They will then contact the inspector for proof or documentation. If it is determined that the violation should not have been listed then it will be removed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.