12 Week Numbers on New Lease

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Prime-Mate, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Prime-Mate

Prime-Mate Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Your numbers are crazy....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Prime-Mate

Dec 17, 2013
    Refer, straight lease, full condo, I purposely run low miles. Rates could all ways be better.

NoBigHurry Thanks this.
  4. Prime-Mate

Dec 17, 2013
    One deduction I take is per diem which last year was 80 percent of 63.00. Per day. There are more...

5. Prime-Mate

Dec 17, 2013
    That's just crazy..

6. Maj. Jackhole

Maj. Jackhole Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Crazy is you think that is your net

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  7. Prime-Mate

Dec 17, 2013
    My bank is no different than what a company driver would see as his gross pay, plain and simple.... How you want to cheat yourself by paying more taxes than you should is up to you.

NoBigHurry Thanks this.
  8. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Of course. If you did provide your own health insurance, 401k, paid vacations, holiday pay, sick leave pay, etc., how much do you think that would cost and have to be deducted from your $0.75 per mile "net"? Don't forget the SE tax rate. Deduct those costs from the $0.75 per mile "bank" and you'll see what I mean about that $0.75 a mile being nothing more and in some cases less than what a good company guy makes. Yet, you're assuming ALL the liability!

Not to mention, the cost you could potentially incur if you had an accident with the truck. Of course you have insurance through Prime you are paying, but what is the deductible for damage to the truck, trailer and cargo? Do you have a contingency for that?

How about downtime? Could you withstand 30, 60, 90 days of downtime?

I understand you have a warrantied truck. However, trucks are not fully warrantied for every single thing for the life of the warranty. Could you afford to cover a $2,500 bill and two or three days loss revenue? How about a week to 10 days loss revenue?

Perhaps your expense sheet includes a mileage maintenance deduction, enough to cover you for these potential expenses, I don't know.

There are other considerations, however, there's no need for me to further elaborate. I don't want to seem to be piling on.

I will say this lastly, whatever those recruiters are putting in your guys water in orientation over there at Prime, must be awful strong, because some of you seem willing to defend their program to the death ;-)

9. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I figured out a while ago that you cant talk sense into some fools. Old dominion is paying what? something like 65 cpm plus full benefits to employee drivers.

Maj. Jackhole Thanks this.
  10. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I figured I'd at least try ;-)

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  11. Prime-Mate

Dec 17, 2013
    Why with all the negativity, I wouldn't leave the house if I worried like that... All these
    I understand your a hater, but your argument is nonsense...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.