12 Week Numbers on New Lease

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Prime-Mate, Jun 21, 2018.

1. INRUT

INRUT Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Thanks @Scooter Jones. I was going to reply similarly, but you got it covered. OP, your not going to listen, but it’s going to take you 3-5 years to recover from the financial path your taking now when you hit rock bottom. Good luck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Who cares as long as he’s happy it’s nobody else’s business.
    I’d rather be happy than a misrule old goat telling other people how much greater I’m then they are.

4. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    In 2018 you can no longer claim per diem on your taxes. You can only do so by paying yourself per diem as a business expense.
    Again, I ask what other deductions are there relating to a business? Prime takes them out before you get the check. You can deduct things like oil, coolant, and gloves, if that’s what you mean? However, those are not deductions per se, but business expenses that reduce net income. I hate using the term deduction to describe it but it’s the term most people are familiar with.
    I think part of the reason what I’m saying isn’t making sense to some, is that what is personal and what is business are being taken as the same thing instead of being kept separate. I keep the two completely separate in my business and the way I describe them can be confusing as a result. The terminology and strategies available are different between them.
    I recommend you incorporate and elect to be taxed as a sole proprietor so you can generate a profit that keeps you safe.
    I don’t think some are being haters but simply speaking the truth. And, in my case, I even offer up tips to save money. There is a reason so many fail at LP and it’s because of the smoke and mirrors surrounding net Pay to a lease operator.

FullMetalJacket and NoBigHurry Thank this.
  5. Prime-Mate

Prime-Mate Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Stop already, it's nonsense, when prime has a real CPA for the drivers in house...

6. Maj. Jackhole

Maj. Jackhole Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Prime, proving P.T. Barnum correct every day.

p608 and spyder7723 Thank this.
  7. Prime-Mate

Dec 17, 2013
    Just total nonsense
    That's just total garbage....

8. Prime-Mate

Dec 17, 2013
    I would suggest to the ill informed, and obviously ill educated to Google per diem and research it for yourself before spewing tax advice.. I took max per diem last year, and will be doing it again this year....

9. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Well, this fellow is either a troll, The Village Idiot, or he really is a primate. I'm going with Prime mate . His responses are very similar to this meme. 1529672140053download.jpeg

spyder7723 and Maj. Jackhole Thank this.
  10. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Good luck. With that attitude, you’re going to need it.

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  11. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    It smells like recruiter in here.

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.