12v power outlets on 2012 Cascadia

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by marat80, Dec 2, 2018.

1. marat80

marat80 Bobtail Member

May 9, 2017
    Hi! When the truck is off, the voltage drops in a few hours, usually at night, because of connected 12v cooler and 12v fridge to the rear outlets. When the voltage drops to 11v (the fridge has auto power off for that) it beeps and turns off all the rear power outlets in the sleeper. I noticed that after replacing all 4 batteries, now all brand new. Before, when I had 1 dead and 3 bad batteries, it didn't beep and auto turn off the outlets, just had a low voltage in the morning.
    How should be correct?
    When the engine is running, everything is working good. It means all fuses are good?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Maybe check battery terminals , dropping to 11v is really low. I have a 2014 I thought I had battery issues, removed cables and batteries and cleaned it up real good reconnect and was seeing a good jump in voltage . Loves can test your batteries or TA , also check the voltage coming from the alternator. Cycling the batteries over and over will kill them a lot sooner.

4. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    2012 Cascadias are junk anyway. I owned one and it always broke down over something... I had same problem you did... I never got to replace my batteries, instead power inverter quit working. Did you use the cables that came with the inverter or did you go to Lowe's and get 4 AWG cut? Or is this a company truck and the outlets were already installed?

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    My invertor came back to life with new batteries.

Took a little bit of bickering with the boss for a couple of weeks to make it happen though. The rotten egg smell finally convinced him.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.