134 CSA Points - can I get hired at a new company?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SAMMY6969, Sep 4, 2012.

1. SAMMY6969

SAMMY6969 Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Rick...your rt..i messed up..should hv left the trailer....i know....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    It's a hard way to learn . Hopefully other newbies will read this and benefit from your experience . As I said , if you turn in a DVIR and keep a copy it's a lot harder for an employer to try to force you to take a defective trailer . Would they be willing to sign it off ? Still , even if they sign it off the responsibility is on you to sign accepting it .

CAXPT Thanks this.
  4. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Biting my tongue so much it's bleeding........

5. indycolts

indycolts Bobtail Member

May 9, 2012
    NWI

I don't want to sound mean but you don't look good on paper... or here. The bottom line is nobody gave you the 135pts but yourself. You admitted running 3600+ miles a week lying your ##### off, seems like you've been messing with the bull and finally got the horns.

Maybe its better you can't find a job. With cell phones and old people, the last thing we need is another dangerous driver on the road.

lonelyswmtrucker Thanks this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009

so, how many years do i need to start judging truckers? :biggrin_255:

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009

old people???? i resent that remark. :biggrin_25516:

:biggrin_25519:

8. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Admin gave one poster a weeks vacation for calling names.

CAXPT Thanks this.
  9. indycolts

indycolts Bobtail Member

May 9, 2012
    NWI
    Haha, 46 isn't old! I was referring to 85+ crowd

10. mamamullins

mamamullins Medium Load Member

May 4, 2011
    Ingalls, IN
    All I can say is...."WOW"....and "OH WOW". This was like hearing drivers arguing over the CB...but in all honesty mistakes do happen to the best of us...it is how you learn from them.

I know personally that my husband had to challenge the CSA report of an incident that happened with a trailer. He did his pretrip...and discovered that the breaks were locked up. He called dispatch, and they told him to call the shop. He called the shop and told them that the trailer breaks were locked up, and to send someone to get the trailer and take it to the shop. They said they didn't have anyone available to come down to get the trailer, and they were sending a mechanic down to him. They sent a mechanic down with a ball ping hammer to unlock the breaks, which he got them to release. He told my husband he could take it out on the road or bring it to the shop to get fixed. He was taking the trailer to the shop when the breaks locked up and blew a tire. It was one of those things where one person didn't say anything to another person about what happened...and it appeared on his CSA report. So we had the driver advocate look into it, and they removed it from his CSA score. So if you don't agree with something that is on your CSA report, and you have proof of your post trip and pre-trip inspections that is the only leg you will have to fight to get it removed from your report. I know that you Veterans already know this, but for the newbies it might help.

Alec the trish, TravR1 and gb2nyc Thank this.
  11. indycolts

indycolts Bobtail Member

May 9, 2012
    NWI

That sucks. What did the DOT officer ticket him for?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.