15 killed in major vehicle crash in Imperial County, California

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by lovesthedrive, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I recall about a dozen years ago reading about a truck accident in India where over 80 perished and remember thinking that's a lot of folks..
    Turns out it was a truck that went over a cliff so at least they didn't suffer long.
    This one seems like a horrible way to perish.

lovesthedrive and tommymonza Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Back in the late 60s, there were a lot of not too sober people that would try to see how many wound fit in a VW Bug.

4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Explains why Chevys are never stolen. They don't break down so there's no demand for parts.

SmallPackage and buddyd157 Thank this.
  5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I still can't believe 27 fit in that. 4 people in a crew cab is crowded enough.

buddyd157 and InTooDeep Thank this.
  6. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    On the news tonight, they said the SUV crossed over the centerline and the truck had no where to go.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  7. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    As sort of an update, the news is so FOS, so much so, I'm thinking of pulling the plug on TV altogether. Again, do we have to dig up Sherlock Holmes again, or just present it to a 4th grade class, because the 4th graders will tell you what happened. A SUV packed with people, illegal or not, PACKED, mind you, driven by a 28 year old at 6am, certainly with limited visibility, what, 6 people in the front seat?, possibly not thinking straight, doesn't even look, runs the stop sign, and this 68 year old driver, EMPTY, NOT LOADED, like the news said, starting his day and I'm sure in much better state of mind, and timing was perfect, it would take Hollywood 10 tries to get that ( at a million per try), who knows why, but, I'm sick and tired of the news portraying false facts, in an unappreciated industry as it is. Okay, the "GO" food service truck in Dallas, was clearly to blame, there's footage of it, but this, all hearsay, and if this industry had a spine, we wouldn't tolerate it. Big investigation, I got a chuckle from someone, "15 more Covid deaths", but seriously, and another thing while I'm at it, this "Highway thru Hell" baloney, Hollywood makes us look like a bunch of idiots, making a scripted series on the mishaps of truckers, dumping the rigs left and right, ALL SCRIPTED people,,and people think that's fact, just terrible. Good luck with the future, folks, as my name implies,,,"Happily Retired",,and get a dash cam, folks. The old timer thought he'd never need one, well, here you go.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  8. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    The head of the CHP said that the problem was that the Ford expedition didn't have enough seatbelts for the passengers!

There's only 8. Apparently Ford needs to install 15-20 more. They'd have all lived if property seated and restrained by seat belts!

9. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    But it did have 28 cup holders.

Lucky12 and TokyoJoe Thank this.
  10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i still recall the days of stuffing a phone booth as well.

11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i suspect some scum sucking lawyer will try and sue ford, for the lack of more seat belts, or the lack of warning stickers on passenger seating.

drvrtech77 and AModelCat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.