15 min left on the 11 and 14 hr clock

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by cadillacdude1975, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    I love being home every night...I get an extra 2 hours to play with if I need it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cadillacdude1975

cadillacdude1975 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    i do not see elogs being the "norm" any time soon. the big companies track and maintain the logs. that takes money and computers. tell me how they can justify making a single owner/op spend that money so someone can track his every move. like i said, i just dont see it happening anytime soon.

4. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    I agree it won't be soon, but it will eventually happen. Things that will advance it quicker as a requirement though are outfits who don't use it and have trouble with logs, during audits.

5. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Oh, no problem. The tow truck is 5 minutes away, he takes cash and major credit cards. I'll call him for you now. :)

6. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I think it will eventually come to pass that all will be "forced" to do it. ATA will begin the steps to equal the playing field for those that have and those that do not.

I even think they will go after the owner operator since we know where their heart is.

jlkklj777 Thanks this.
  7. TNPRIDE1066

TNPRIDE1066 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2009
    TRENTON ,GA
    Cadillac dude who do you drive for?

8. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    they did it in the commercial fishery too. when i got out in 2010 after 38 years i ended up with a blk box like a plane so the federal fish cops knew where my boat was at all times. took 30 minutes everyday to enter all the info b4 i could leave the dock. the coast guard would pull up and b4 they boarded me would know who i was who the crew was where i was suppose to fish and the species and amount i was allowed. All in the name of saving the fish. If i pulled in my nets and had too many cod i had to release all but what i was allowed that day dead or alive. GOVERMENT had a line for dat too called regulartory discard

9. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa
    Pal, I have over 2 decades under my butt doing this job so be careful who you call sissy. When you get your first million miles under your butt then come and talk to me until then go sit in the corner, read and listen with your mouth shut until you have learned some sense and wisdom.

Just remember this genius; a wise man can learn MORE from a fool than a fool can from a wise man.

DrtyDiesel and j3411 Thank this.
  10. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    :biggrin_25524:

If I manage to get it started before the hook arrives I'll be glad I wasn't the one that called.

11. j3411

j3411 Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Buckner, Il
    Everyone is a "I do as I darn well please" type person till the hammer drops down on them and the reality of " The Rules" smacks them in the head.

We find ourselves now with regulation after regulation being dropped on us because of the sins of our past's.

"Back in the Day" ( don't ya hate hearin' that?) I ran how ever many books I needed . Week to week and heck sometimes day to day. But.... I got caught from time to time and the fines weren't that bad. Not anymore, now it's a weeks wages or worse.

I work for a company who got wacked and went to ELogs to pacify DOT. There are times it bites the big one, no-doubt. It requires ME to do some serious planning to get everything done, done right, and done LEGAL.

That all being said I don't miss wondering if this DOT man is going to glance at my book and let it roll. Or is the one that will look it over with a fine tooth comb and ask me a bunch of questions I better answer right.

Those that play the game and win, cool ! Most all that play and loose understand what they are doing and have no gripes when it doesn't work out.

jlkklj777 and Everett Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.