15 over ticket. fight or pay?

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by datnewnew, Jul 16, 2017.

1. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    You are totally wrong I did in Dayton OH and had the whole ticket dismissed 65 in 55 ticket was an Ohio state trooper. No record of ticket I live in michigan had to drive down to 2 hour class at the court house but well worth it. You should not post things that are not the truth. Also I was in my semi.

dngrous_dime Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    What part of MI? I'm in GR, so getting time off to attend a class down in Columbus might be quite difficult. Also, did you hire an attorney to appear on your behalf, or did you have to be there?

4. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Request driving school because you want to learn to become a better driver, not because you want to avoid insurance costs or keeping it off your record if you haven't had a ticket in three years. Ignore the virtue signaling about going fifteen over in the rain and how you are dangerous for it. I would call the court clerk's office and ask them your options. And if you do go, wear a shirt and tie, slacks, be apologetic, humility goes a long way.

fargonaz Thanks this.
  5. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    I got a lawyer in the Dayton area he went to court for me cost 550 for him then about a month later he called and setup a time up date to go to court and plead guilty then that same night when to school it cost 500 with two Dayton local police officers showing pictures of car wrecks. Lasted two hours and I was done. I got a hotel room me and the wife had a night out on the town.

6. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    That's doable. Thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.