15 Volvo D13H Turbo issues, part numbers?

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by simonsocm, Nov 19, 2020.

1. simonsocm

simonsocm Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2019
    Started the truck this morning and it had a really rough idle and popped up the code P004607 that shows as a turbo actuator code.

I have no clue what the turbo part number is since the plate sticker is half torn off on the turbo. I'd like to ask if I should replace the turbo or the actuator. Is there a way I can check to see if the vanes are sticking or if it is a bad actuator myself?

Truck has 508k miles on it. If I do end up having to replace the turbo can anyone give me a good part number for the one I need (dealer wants $4800 for just turbo with actuator)? Last 8 of vin is FN180531. I'd ask the dealer but the manager has a ####ty rule about not giving out part numbers.

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. simonsocm

Aug 17, 2019
  4. simonsocm

Aug 17, 2019
    Nevermind. Looked closely at the actuator and noticed one of the wire had frayed insulation. Little bit of liquid tape and good as new!

5. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Glad you got it worked out. My original turbo is still spinning at 815k on my 2015 D13.

As for dealers not giving out part numbers, just try a different dealer next time.

simonsocm and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  6. simonsocm

Aug 17, 2019
    That's my plan, omaha is the next closest dealer to me and they are an actual full volvo dealer rather than a subcontractor dealer like my local one.

I've had quite a few stupid wiring issues already so I think from now on I'll just start looking at wiring. Helps that ive got diagrams now for sure.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.