$16. hr. Local line P&D

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by J. Michael, Apr 2, 2008.

1. J. Michael

J. Michael Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Kansas City
    i kinda like it do some loading and unloading. I need the exercise. Run to Topeka from kansas city and back. freeked me out the first day I just had everything dumped on me. But I think im getting the hang of it now. I leave the yard about 8 and get back about 7:30. 30 days then paid holidays. time and 1/2 over 45 hrs. 30 days for benefits. decent people. Some young punk driver is always ########, I think I'll call him "baby Huey". I ran into road drivers who set at Home depot for 3 to 4 hrs. and I could feel how the guy felt sitting there not getting paid cause he wasnt running. I can sit and wait and still get paid for it cause i'm hourly. no comparison. No stress. Home very night weekends off. No log books etc etc. and average the same hrs every week 50 if I want to work weekends I can. It's my choice. smaller company. the equipment beats me to death but thats a city truck. Not very top notch like road cabs but what the heck! I can always go to some other local with better equipment or stick it out and bargan later. I'll stick this out for at least 6 months. Then see or a year then bargan! a wage increase and a better unit! they have a problem holding onto people. So I think if I stick it out. I bay be able to bargain and negotiate. Positive mind set goes a long way! Especially in a smaller company maybe an opportunity to move up! Who knows! Then JB hunt called me for a local. I dont know about JB any thoughts on that one? kansas city? I havnt called back. I think I should stay here for a while then see what opens up down the road. Heck for only 4 months experience? It's not too bad! The OTR was killing me. back hurt knees hurt legs hurt. from sitting for 11 to 14 hrs a day! I can get out and excercise and get paid for it. God knows I need it at 48

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Spanish Fly

Spanish Fly Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Houston, TEXAS!!!

while fedex isn't union, they might hire you now under their driver apprentice program. you should apply now, it won't hurt while you are working now driving for another company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.