$19/hr starting rate to push boxes around at Amazon

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by skipgears, Sep 14, 2021.

1. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    And we still can’t get enough drivers. Even if they sell us which is what he does, ltl in the states are all up in the 30 plus an hour range.

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chriskc

chriskc Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2013
    Kansas City mo
    Look at rental companies. I make in the thirty’s and off every night and weekends and 4 weeks vacation.

4. skipgears

skipgears Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2020
    BC
    God bless America, I knew I shoulda' jumped that fence 30 years ago, and I still might, as soon as they leave a crack open in it.

Snow Mexican south bound into the lands of liberty and freedom; guns, god, and 99 cent hot dogs. Big fat mid-western hos, and Southern BBW queens. Corn fed beef, and steroid chickens, crispy pork off the hot charcoal grills. Scandals, and shams. Violence and sex. Gambling and cheating, oh how my heart's bleeding. The red, white, and blue waving proud in the air, as the folks rise up who actually care. To fight and demand, to overcome and prevails. All those who ride while freedom blows through the strands of their hair. America, America, delusions and fear, snap out of your coma and into a dream. A dream of tomorrow that can forever seed, prosperity and bliss among men of all color and creed.

5. classicxl

classicxl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2006

Are you talking about the rental companies like ryder or penske i know ryder has ads for auto parts runs don’t think it’s $30 a hr through

6. chriskc

chriskc Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2013
    Kansas City mo
    No equipment rental companies.

7. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Correct, @classicxl sorry I forgot to mention this before, United, Sunbelt, Brandt are all paying 30+/hr to start, for class 1 equipment p&d. One of our best OTR guys at the company i'm pulling pikes for went to United. He got his own 2018 Daycab he does not share, pulls a 42ft sliding deck tridem. He has to load and unload the equipment on site, usually with a mechanic or 2 to help. After probation, they bumped him to $36/hr, 5 days a week, OT after 8, full family benefits paid. He says you work for it, but its way easier than OTR or Food Service or Car Hauling or Fuel.

If I didn't have this Truck and Turnpike obsession, I would have followed/raced him to the United Orientation lol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.