1995 Peterbilt 379 short hood

Discussion in 'Trucker Forum Classifieds & Trading Post' started by javelinjeff, Jul 16, 2017.

1. javelinjeff

javelinjeff Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2007
    victorville,ca
    Should not have sold it. Never gave me problems like this Cummins T660 does constantly

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    i understand brotha. I have a good friend that sold his old pete for a newer truck. cost him 25 k in engine problems first year of ownership. HAd to sell truck. Now back in 20 year old truck. 2 years now and not a single hiccup. Is why i run old iron myself

4. amberfeldt

amberfeldt Light Load Member

May 20, 2019
    Minnesota
    I love it.its a nice ride,but i had to work on it a month just going thru it.replacing this an that . and adding my light show,inside.i use to drive a brand new 1996 back in the day when i first started driving. so brings back some memory's ruining grocery's out to CA an bringing wine back to Mn from Santa Rosa.If we ever decide to sell it, you have first dibs Javelinjeff

5. amberfeldt

May 20, 2019
    Minnesota
    I will give you a call on Sunday or Monday if you do not mind, How about Monday during windshield time?

6. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    He sold it because of the CARB compliant laws in California. He would have to sold it sooner or later. That truck can NOT be registered in California 2020. He can tell you about that truck but he had a lot of extras added for performance. Turbo, exhaust manifold, air to air cooler, engine tune by Mike Fletcher, all comes to mind.

javelinjeff Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That is a great series of shots, particularly the CAT Yellow engine and everything on it.

Maybe the new C18 with it's 700 HP might find a place in trucking. Challenge would be emissions.

8. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Normally the mods will lock a thread once a item sells. Or delete it.

9. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    Actually, we have no policy related to closing or deleting threads once an item has sold. Just speaking for myself, unless the original poster requests closing or deletion, I like to leave them open. Leaving the threads open allows other members to ask questions about particular specs, or other things that they might be interested in knowing more about. In this particular case, I certainly see no reason for us to close or delete a thread when members are trying to have an agreeable discussion about the truck.

10. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    Why do you care?

7-UP Thanks this.
  11. amberfeldt

May 20, 2019
    Minnesota
    Also,in this case it helped me get info on my truck.I had the mans number on repair invoices, but did not want to cold call him an bug,just a respect thing.so it was cool to find my truck on here an reach out to him this way.If it was closed or deleted then i wouldn't have spoke with him.My 3 cents

d o g Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.