1st day here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by crabby125s girl, May 11, 2009.

1. crabby125s girl

crabby125s girl Heavy Load Member

May 11, 2009
    Hello, I'm from central new jersey.
    I'm checking this site out because my boyfriend lost his job last year due to outsourcing and with the job market so bad he's considering going into the trucking industry. He likes to drive, has a clean record and is now searching different driving schools in hopes of obtaining his CDL and finding a job.
    He found one school 630 miles from us charging $4400 for a 3 week class. I don't know if I should name the school, but when I looked it up there are rumors of it being unsafe, not prooviding mileage promised and scamming people looking for jobs in these hard time.
    Doing more research I came across this website and am now trolling through it trying to find truck driving schools closer, cheaper and with better reputations.
    Any help would be appreciated...:biggrin_25522:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    Hi, sprasa03, Welcome to our Truckers Forum! We hope you enjoy your stay and please read our RULES. Please remember, you are NEVER allowed to post e-mails, ad links, trucking company links, personal site links, and such ANYWHERE in this forum. Thanks for understanding! We hope to help you and get to know you soon! Thanks, sprasa03!

sprasa03, do you have a question about how to do something? Try our FAQ section or you can PM me or a Moderator (50 posts not required to PM a Mod) to ask a question! Also, you can read through our Truckers Forum Information Center!

Also remember to get your 2009 Truckers Report Calendar AND show your love for truckers with your new Truckers Report Legal Stamps! This helps us to keep this place alive, thanks!

4. Mrs T

Mrs T Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2008
    planet earth
    Hi, and welcome!

I have two ideas for you - firstly, try the search facility on the tool bar at the top of the page, its third from right. Type in the name of any companies you are thinking about, and see what you find!
    Second - post a new thread, maybe in the 'questions from new drivers' thread, asking for advice.
    Bear in mind that not everyone will post their opinions on the forum, (in case employers read them!), but some will PM ya if they have things to say.

Hope it goes well, its a new life for both of you, and will be just a big an adjustment for you as for him. Be sure to check out the Ladies Room too, and get yapping there!

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  5. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    Greetings and welcome to the forum! I hope you can get the info you're looking for.

6. crabby125s girl

crabby125s girl Heavy Load Member

May 11, 2009
    Thanks for welcoming me, I'll get going on the search, the questions thread and visiting the ladies room.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.