2.1 million mile truck value?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by motorboy376, May 23, 2021.

1. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    I think you need to ask your friend for a list of all of the repairs that have been done say in the last three to four years. That's going to really show you what's what.

The engine transmission and differentials being done is really the huge expense and if that's done that's great. But here are some repairs that you want to see on his list.

For the engine you want to see water pump injectors oil cooler serviced. Radiator charge air cooler charge air cooler hoses and clamps belts hoses heater core thermostats motor mounts cab mounts radiator mounts cab air bags rear axle air bags shocks alignments Air Dryer air compressor air governor.

Not sure about that type of truck but possibly door locks hinges window felt.

Springs spring hangers spring pins steering box drag link tie rods all wheel bearing service new wheel bearing seals.

Not Just Brakes but brakes drums cams bushings air cans slack adjusters all way round suspension bushings Driveline work Universals driveshafts fifth wheel.

Windshield wiper and washer motor heater motor heater motor in sleeper air conditioning compressor and evaporators and dryers and also a new radiator cap. And probably other items I'm not thinking of.

You may not see every one of these on his list but if you see three or four years of his maintenance you probably should see most of them especially if they rebuilt the engine the transmission and the Rears. In three or four years the wheel bearings and seals should be serviced along with the engine the radiator should be done water pump etcetera as I listed and within three or four years you should see slack adjusters shocks etcetera

Basically want to see a big list of recent repair because whatever has already been done recently you won't have to do.

As has been said the mileage itself doesn't mean a whole lot if the frame is good and the truck is clean but there are a lot of little things and if he's already done most of them like I've listed or all of them you're in good shape.

And yes even though the engine transmission and Rears have been done it's no big deal to drop $10,000 into that truck.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Now We wait to hear the price. And maybe more pics of frame. Op says he’s overseas now. Let Us know, when you decide. The main thing is knowing what your getting into. Less surprises the better. It’s hard to put a price on a Truck. Better quality pictures these days help. But nothing beats in person. They all look great in the pictures.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.