2 incidents, 1 more I'm fired...leave now??

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Durus Malleus, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Harris-Teeter D.C., Greensboro, NC., I worked occasionally thru a "Driver Service" as a Switcher Driver in '19 & '20.
    ALL Switcher Trucks were Automatic.
    Okay, I hit a parked Trailer and "reported it".
    Was "written up" by the Customer and I believe by the "service". That was the LAST "writeup" on both sides.
    Trailer Yards were TIGHT. Some Docks were TIGHT. Some YARD LIGHTS were Missing or Defective in the Dark. Truck Lights helped/didn't help.
    When Raining or Cold, Switcher Windows Fogged Up.

A SHOP Wrench stated, ONE TIME I showed Him a "damaged" Trailer, "How Do We Know Such Damage Didn't Occur Elsewhere"??
    NEVER AGAIN did I "report ANY incidents".

You're Pulling, according to You, Beaten Up Equipment, so just STOP REPORTING every nick, scratch, et cetera.
    SLOW DOWN, PAY ATTENTION, YOU'LL DO BETTER to equal LESS STRESS!!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    Reason for edit: adding info.
    Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Harry Hickory

Harry Hickory Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Don't worry about it. You're pulling around a long ### trailer and often maneuvering in tight areas. It's very easy to make a mistake, almost inevitable. I've been driving for 25 years. I've never had an accident, but I'm sure as hell had my share of "incidents", and so has every other driver.

4. Harry Hickory

Harry Hickory Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2013
    This is solid advice. We've all bumped things, and looked around and if there were no witnesses we kept on going. (don't deny it, truckers). I recall once having to do a U turn behind a convenience store. I bumped the air pressure machine (that cars use to air up their tires). Nobody saw me do it, I continued on my way.

Brandt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.