$2 per mile for a full load is a new norm?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by blk133, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Usually the idiots weed themselves out having too many accidents that not even western express will take them. And the good drivers realize they’re worth more than that. Eventually these companies will run out of people that’s why many of them are taking foreigners that can’t even drive a car properly. But like I said they don’t last long. That’s why the push for autonomous trucks. I’m not worried though. They can’t keep the O2 sensors in our cars to last 5 years I’m sure those trucks with sensors in every crack will get pretty darn expensive to maintain.

Rubber duck kw Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    That's usually the guys in the supper trucker Petes...

darthanubis Thanks this.
  4. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018

Ya well i dont think you guys are the only ones, I hear vans all the way up to RGN’s are hurting at the moment, due to people lowballing rates.

The industry is dying, its never going to recover. Someone on here said rates will go back up once these companies run themselves too the ground, but he failed to realize that more and more people are getting in then out.

5. Nobroker

Nobroker Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    I dont completely agree with that highest number of carriers filed bankruptcy new truck sales are way down. People still eat and buy goods. After the recession new car loans were pushed with six and seven year financing causing lag for future sales, I havent bought into the fear that self driving trucks are going to put 500,000 truckers out of work in the next 5 years. People arent even sure they want self driving cars on the road. When they build the first self driving self loading self delivery car hauler LMK.

Tropsnart Thanks this.
  6. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    How can your cpm be that low? Even with a paid off truck... Please elaborate.

7. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    Car carriers count each car cpm ...if he runs 52cpm per car and operates 4 car carrier , he is running at $2 per mile , he can pick up 4 separate spots and do separate delivery ...stingers calculate similar to us since they try to move full loads

KANSAS TRANSIT and Doealex Thank this.
  8. Doealex

Doealex Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    And this is exactly why I have been saying that they will never change overhang laws for high-mount car-carriers. They don’t care about your equipment costs, time that took you to pick up and deliver individual cars all over your route. Remember famous quote from our infamous previous administration “you didn’t built that business “.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  9. Kozakvod

Kozakvod Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Im not saying it isn’t but it’s extremely difficult for me to believe that you’re CPM is only $0.52, I’ve never had and never known anyone with a number that low. Please share your secret for all our benefit.

Regarding you saying “rates will go back up.”

If I as a shipper broker whomever post a 9 unit load for $0.35/unit and every time I post it you accept it, what in turn is my incentive to increase my rate? If you’re always willing to accept the rate, why would I increase the rate?

Now if you’re running a 3 car trailer and you’re making $2/mile, then that’s a very different conversation than if you’re running a stinger.

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  10. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    If you buy one of those Tellurides, you pay a $1025 "destination fee". You know, to cover the cost of shipping.
    Plus $790 "document fee"
    Plus $250 "dealer prep fee"

I considered hauling cars but as millenials and Gen Y collapse under their liberal arts student loans, I wonder who will be able to buy new cars in the near future?

Also, we are long over due for a recession and if Dem's win in 2020, it's gonna be a BIG one.

I think the auto industry will be a keystone of the next financial implosion.

11. Bill O’lading

Bill O’lading Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.