2 preventable accidents in two months

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Bl19811, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Bl19811

Bl19811 Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Bucyrus, Mo
    I have had two preventable accidents in two months. The first one was in Chicago took right hand turn too tight. Had to back up and as I was backing up my trailer caught the bumper of a car the car needed some body work. Trailer was not damaged. It made me mad because I had got out and looked numerous times. And the second one happened when I was backing up yo a dock in a tight spot in Florida. I had to back up to dock. Down a hill and had to leave around posts and other trucks was constantly getting out and looking and looking at my mirrors, but as I was looking out my passenger mirror driver side hood took some damage by post. No damage to post but a couple cracks on the hood by the light. Before this I have had now accidents or tickets in 3 years. If my company let's me go will I be able to get another job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    @Chinatown is our resident experts on companies and if they hire or not.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    And the industry cries for more drivahs scared that these minor scrapes and relatively low dollar damages combined with fear of termination... sheesh.

Ive a live time of scrapes just like that and if you are a valued driver you will be fine. I had a bad day got trapped in a major customer store property and destroyed approx 14000 in chained trailers once. I gambled on a circle and came up 4 feet short. Enough to cause a ruckus. The situation was sufficient to get that customer's manager out of his ivory tower chair and come down to manage our return to finish delivery the following day like he should have.

There has been a increasing amount of posts from many indicating they are afraid of losing the jobs to too many preventable. I have two parts to that answer. Yes if you keep breaking stuff, you are gone. And if you stop hitting stuff and try to do better (You already learned right? Anything is possible in tight spaces...) you will be fine.

John A. Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    There's companies that will hire you.

6. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    R for wreck or R can mean Really pay attention .. sometimes a spotter may be needed if backing on city streets

7. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    You mean a deer hit your hood and cracked it.

win-some-loose-less and Gumper Thank this.
  8. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Thats how I read his 2nd one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.