2000 international 2574 shuting off and wiring issues

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by southwellsdirtworks, May 21, 2017.

1. southwellsdirtworks

southwellsdirtworks Bobtail Member

May 21, 2017
    I got this dump truck and seems like a wiring issue im having. truck runs great when it does run but the truck will just shut off like i turned the key off. and sometimes i can crank it up right after and it will run a few seconds or a few minuts and do it again. i was able to run the truck the other day for about 4 hours.
    things ive done, new engine position sensor, fuel lines, fuel filters, dropped and cleaned fuel tank, cleaned every ground i could find, 136 psi fuel pressure at idle, 0 psi fuel restriction and fuel check valve cleaned .

i will be changing fuelshutoff solenoid monday. it has 12v going to it even when truck shuts off randomly. it has gotten hot a couple times, hotter than i think it should. I maintain fuel pressure till truck shuts off with 12v still going to fuel shut off.

My gauges sweep and lights come on like they are supposed to when i turn the key on so i think my ecm is powering up correctly.

i noticed today that my running lights randomly come on with the truck sitting there. it was raining today, not sure if that could be related to this truck shutting off.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR THIS TRUCK?
    ANYONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM BEFORE

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. strollinruss

strollinruss Road Train Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    What motor? I had one with an M 11 and nothing fixed it until I bought a new ecm

4. southwellsdirtworks

May 21, 2017
  5. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Could be a bad ECM. I would have someone test the ECM

6. strollinruss

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    What was it? Don't leave us hanging.

7. southwellsdirtworks

May 21, 2017
    haven't figured it out yet, testing injectors

8. strollinruss

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    Did you change ecm? Get a loaner and put on there and go for a week.

9. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Road Train Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Retired in Taunton Ma
    I drove a 2574 and every time it rained , water would seep into the dashboard from the roof clearance lights, the kind that are flush with the roof, took me awhile to figure it out. The truck acted weird. Probably not your issue , just added my 2 cents

10. strollinruss

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    What make and model? I had a Columbia that had something on floorboard behind seat get wet and cut out engine.

11. southwellsdirtworks

May 21, 2017
    no not yet on the ecm. had a highly recommended mechanic hop in and drive with me couldn't get it to shutoff after new fuel shutoff solenoid but it would keep missing and he said it sounds like a stuck injector with this rattling noise it made when it missed. also getting alot more fuel return then I should from what he said.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.