2000 W900 Wiring Diagram

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Luckycowdog, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Luckycowdog

Luckycowdog Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2008
    Mullinville, KS
    My new truck is a 2000 W900L with a C-15. Whoever owned this thing before me apparently thought they were good at wiring. When I got it they had all the light switches all swapped around. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this thing? Or could you tell me what color wires are supposed to go where on the three light switches?

Thanks guys,

C.J.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Winchester Magnum

Winchester Magnum Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Alaska highway
    Kenworths have always had labels taped onto the wires inside the dash plate. Undo 2 screws at the top of the right side dashplate and look in there. Or did you already?

4. Luckycowdog

Aug 6, 2008
    Mullinville, KS
    Someone must have taken the labels off of those wires already.

5. Bigstretch

Bigstretch Light Load Member

Jun 14, 2008
    NW IL
    How do you mean swapped around? Pic?

6. Luckycowdog

Aug 6, 2008
    Mullinville, KS
    The headlight switch apparently went out and they were using the spare as the headlights, then the side and tail switch must have went out so they spliced it into the aux. light switch so it was running everything but the headlights. Now when you turn on the clearance lights nothing happens. When you turn on the headlights, it turns on the side, tail, and clearance lights also, then when you actually turn on the side and tail light switch, everything becomes brighter. The aux. lights are now correct, but the other three switches are still not right. I'm hoping someone will have a diagram so I can put the right wires back on the correct switches.

C.J.

7. Luckycowdog

Aug 6, 2008
    Mullinville, KS
    Anybody have a wiring diagram?

8. Luckycowdog

Aug 6, 2008
    Mullinville, KS
    Bumping because I still have my problem.

9. WRT Boss Lady

WRT Boss Lady Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2016
    I also have this problem ... 99 with a 3406e.... Once again, previous owner/drivers ran wires everywhere! I would love to have a CAB wiring diagram.

10. Gambino1994

Gambino1994 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    causing a situation
    Well, I have a 95 w9. All these symptoms happened to me also. It was rain water getting down into the back of the fuse panel. My switches were all messed with by the previous owners also. My headlight, clearance, park lamp switches are all ground side switches, don't know if all kw's are like this. I finally started from scratch and put a good solenoid in the battery box and powered all lights, except headlights, through the one solenoid which gets switched on a powered switch on the dash

tommygun58 Thanks this.
  11. WRT Boss Lady

WRT Boss Lady Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2016
    Do you have a diagram?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.