2003 columbia with 12.7 . Fan constantly running

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by henboy1, Jan 28, 2020.

1. henboy1

henboy1 Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2011
    stockbridge
    I disconnected the supply from the solenoid . Still the same as I expected . While the fan is running the air from the supply stops and when the fan stops air is blowing from the supply . I am heading to the junkyard to put on another solenoid ..

We will see .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. henboy1

Mar 26, 2011
    stockbridge
    Still the same problem with the fam solenoid from the junk yard . Wondering if they cross some wires by the Jake's. Normally and when everything was working , when I hot the Jake's and turn it off ( going down the rd ) the fan cones on for about 7 seconds and stops . I am confused

4. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Eliminate as much as possible freon the equation. Hook shop air to the fan and see if it disengages. The fan on an 03 ddec is naturally engaged, it uses air pressure to disengage it.

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  5. henboy1

Mar 26, 2011
    stockbridge
    Trust me , with shop air the fan will stop . The guys who did the head checked the fan clutch and it was fine. The problem is the on and off air from the supply . For ex...I am sitting in the truck .i cutt off the truck and wait 2 minutes and the fan is not running intol around 120 psi and then it cuts on

6. henboy1

Mar 26, 2011
    stockbridge
    There is one more an air leak in the dash and which I have been fixing . Not sure if that would also cause that

7. henboy1

Mar 26, 2011
    stockbridge
    Took me all day, but I can get by with this fix.From the junkyard solenoid, I cut one of the switches' cable , and the one from the connector showing ground and run it with a ground wire against the frame.The other was positive, so, you know how that goes.The fan stopped.At least I still have a manual fan switch which works.I must have lost my ground when I needed it.Not about to crawl under the truck to check for broken ECU cables and connectors.Hopefully , I can manually turn on the fan when the AC is on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.