2006 4300 dt466 running hot on highway.

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Assyrian_diesel, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Assyrian_diesel

Assyrian_diesel Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2018
    So for some odd reason my 06 4300 dt466 International started to run hotter then normal on the highway.

I use my truck as a flatbed tow truck. In the month of April I had the EGR cooler, oil cooler, water pump, thermostat All changed out. It was running fine up until July 1st . It only runs hot when I am driving on the freeway with or without a load on the truck. Whether it is a straight away on the highway or a slight hill the temperature of the water runs hotter than normal. When it was working normal The water temperature would never exceed A 180 But now for no reason whatsoever the water temperature increases to 200゚ and then the fan clutch kicks on to lower the temperature, and this is a repeating act as long as I am on the highway with or without a load. I have read many possibilities as to what can be the problem. They state that it can be air in the coolant system, Thermostat sticking, Clogged holes in the radiator, Or a badd water pump. Before I started to do anything or take it to someone wanted to see if any body here had some information or tricks I can do to fix the problem myself.

Thank you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Just make sure the rad isn't simply dirty between the fins.

4. Boxtrucker

Boxtrucker Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2021
    what did you find to be the issue?
    I’m having the same problem

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.