2006 and newer KW gauges by Teltek

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by w9l, May 5, 2021.

1. w9l

w9l Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Anyone tried these? I am wanting a thermocouple operated pyrometer and a mechanical or at least real time boost gauge. Was thinking of replacing the def tank gauge since I always know how much I have without a gauge. Really don't trust the boost readings in smartnav. Pretty inconsistent. Vgt may be hanging? Teltek offers a pyro and a boost/load gauge combo for 06 and newer KW

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w9l

w9l Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Researched this a little more and found out the gauges advertised as 2006 and newer are smart gauges only and therefore only work as replacement plug and play not as new additions. So now I want to know can a regular 2 1/16 gauge be installed in the dash in place of another oem gauge I no longer need?

4. w9l

w9l Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Ok, I wanted to let people know what I found out. I purchased the 2 1/16" pyro and combo boost and suspension gauge at 4 state. Got home and tried to install. No luck. Called Teltek like I should have done to start with. The actual gauges for 06 and newer match oem bezels and dash perfectly. The gauges I purchased have receptacles on the back to receive the daisy chain jumpers from the oe gauges. This furnishes the power to them only. The pyro takes a K type thermocouple that I drilled downpipe and welded in 1/4" female npt coupling to accept. I took the Allen plug out of the top rear of manifold and drilled the center with (iirc) a letter R drill bit and tapped it 1/8" not to accept a 90* 1/8" npt to 1/4" air line brass fitting. I routed the pyro lead and the boost line through two grommets in the pass through area of upper center firewall. The boost line and the air line already present that was plugged in to back of suspension gauge both run to a small brain/sensor block and from that a cat5 line runs to back of gauge. 20210528_154501.jpg 20210528_154501.jpg

Vampire, spsauerland and AModelCat Thank this.
  5. w9l

w9l Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Part numbers from Teltek :

347.6k green 06 and up pyro

325.6k green 06 and up combo suspension and boost gauge.

Luvin them too!

Vampire Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.