2007 Coronado with 14 liter 60 series. Is it right for me?

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by "B", Mar 27, 2020.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    That is a great price. A Truck that old will no doubt need constant repairs. Best you can hope for is to postpone major engine and Transmission repairs, long enough to make money first. Definitely want to check it out good, it’s especially suspect, due to low price. Either way, just know that it’s going to need maintenance, and over the next 4-10 yrs, almost everything will need replaced, which is normal, and it can still be a profitable Truck. At that price, if it checks out good, I would buy it, if I needed a Truck. I would also expect to spend an average of 10-$14 k per year at least on repairs and maintenance. Plus the cost of an eventual overhaul, depending on mileage. Somewhere around 1 mil miles. Might be cheaper to keep what you’ve got, and overhaul the engine. Depends on what you want. They all wear out, and need repairs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. "B"

"B" Light Load Member

May 1, 2016
    San Antonio, TX
    Turns out it was a scam. Guy said he had a buyer in vegas and I needed to get a mechanic out there fast or he would sell to the buyer in vegas. I checked the ad for vegas and it was a totally different truck, same make and model, but just a different color with the same description and posted from Dallas, TX. Thank god I was playing the waiting game.

uncleal13 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  4. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    I don't get how you determined it was a scam. If the seller was willing to have YOUR mechanic check out before passing any money?

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  5. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    It was probably on Craigslist, then he saw the same Truck posted elwhere. I see it all the time. Beautiful Trucks For rediculously low prices. Usually no phone#, when contacted, they want your email, phone#, etc. I hear it’s an attempt to hack info from your phone, such as Bank account info.I really don’t know.

6. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    That’s too bad, not to worry, shortly there will be a huge amount of Trucks for sale at great prices. So low, it will seem too good to be true.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.