2007 mxs twin turbo

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Stetson51, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Stetson51

Stetson51 Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2018
    Hey guys I got a 2007 mxs I just did a Inframe in and it’s running low oil pressure? About 30 at idle at about 150 degrees coolent temp. and 50 cruising. Just wondering what you guys think? I see the rocker box is leaking a little so I’ll have to pull it and regasket it. Could that be the cause? Thanks. New rod and main bearings.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Not likely that leak has anything to do with it, look in the search engine here. That question has come up before. Also might check out a guy on You Tube called Adept Ape, he is a Cat mechanic and gives some great advice on Cat engines.

A5¢ Thanks this.
  4. DieselTech_Aus

DieselTech_Aus Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2017
    WA
    is that different to the oil pressure you saw before the in frame?
    did you change the oil pump?

typically warm idle oil pressure should be 45psi. warm idle oil pressure after a big pull when the oil is quite hot (up too 100*C) it can be as low as 13psi. 50 psi cruising is nothing to be concerned about.

pressure is only resistance to flow. if you have oil pressure, the pump is flowing oil, which is all it needs to do. I wouldn't be concerned about the oil pressure you're seeing currently provided it doesn't take a long time to build oil pressure at first start up.

do an oil sample and cut a filter next service, if its all good then don't stress

A5¢ Thanks this.
  5. Stetson51

Stetson51 Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2018
    So I got a problem. The jakes work when the engine is cold and then when the oil gets hot it’s like the jakes get very lazy, take for ever to engage and don’t slow the truck up at all, just can hear a couple hitting out the exhaust sometimes none. What could be the problem there? I took the pan off and put three washers on the oil pump, brought it up to 80psi cold idle. But still idles got at 24 and 52 going down the road. I’m loss here? Losing pressure in the jakes making the Jake not work?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.