2008 Citation for missing mud flap in TX I forgot about just came back to haunt me...

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by AudiGuyS8, Nov 15, 2013.

1. rwdfinch50

rwdfinch50 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Leesburg, Fl.
    It seems to me that you have a few choices.
    1. Pay the fine. if you do this, make sure you print out a receipt and put it in a safe place.
    2. Call the jurisdiction where the ticket was written and ask for it to be dropped, as the statute of limitations has passed. ( I don't know if it's true in every state, but I know in Pa the statute of limitations on traffic violations is 2 years. I got a forgotten citation dismissed in Pa once because of it.)
    3. Call an attorney in the area the ticket was written and ask him to have it dismissed, again for the same reason.
    It may well be easier to just pay the fine. But if it's gotten too big from the late charges, the lawyer may be the best choice.

Another person noted about having your medical card linked to your license. You MUST do this by December 31, or your cdl will be cancelled. (Your regular license will still be good.) In Florida, you can self certify your medical card online. Here is the link to get started; https://services.flhsmv.gov/CDLMedCert/
    Before you do this, take a picture of your medical card on both sides and e mail it to yourself, as they will want a copy of it. If you only send them a copy of the front of the card, they will reject it. (I learned that myself). If you have it saved to your computer, it will be easy to attach it to them when you get to that point in the process. After you do so, you will get an e mail from them saying they accepted it and you're good. I tried using my scanner for this purpose, but they couldn't read it on their end, which is why I say you should take a picture of it.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    AudiGuyS8 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AudiGuyS8

AudiGuyS8 Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks for the info, very helpful indeed!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.