2008 Peterbilt 389 with C-15 Cruise Control disangages and Engine Break doesn't work

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Locohook, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Locohook

Locohook Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2018
    First, the cruise control disengaged, and then work, then disengaged. Now, to the minimal move of the truck it will disengage. The engine brake now started to work intermittently. It also disengages itself.
    I am not sure if it is related but, on the last trip, when I pressed the brake pedal, the dash lights came on.
    I read many post (not specifically for my truck), and they mentioned I should check the clutch swith and brake switch, but I couldn't find them.

I appreciate any help I receive!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GrapeApe

GrapeApe Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    The clutch switch is under the cab just forward of the left side air tank, not hard to get to. Make sure that your clutch linkage is not getting tight allowing the pedal to come all the way up. The brake switch is behind the lower plastic cover in front of the pedals, it'll be tee'd in to an air line with a tag on the wire

SAR and Locohook Thank this.
  4. Locohook

Locohook Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2018
    thanks GrapeApe, I will check it out in my 10 hour break.

5. Locohook

Locohook Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2018
    I was able to find the problem thanks to you. the cable on the clutch switch was cut (I tried to upload a picture but I couldn't). Apparently, it was touching the frame, maybe doing a short, so even me stepping on the side step will disengage the cruise control. Thanks to you I was able to fix the truck myself and continue working which save me a lot of money. I appreciate very much your time and sharing your knowledge. A frustrating problem and a relatively easy fix.

Oxbow, SAR and GrapeApe Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.