2009 Prostar/Cummins ISX Electrical Fault

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by CB79, Mar 23, 2018.

1. CB79

CB79 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Hello,
    ABS light was on with a message of ABS Module on the dash screen. Mechanic changes an ABS sensor and now the ABS light is off, as well as the ABS Module message. However, now I'm getting the message "Electrical Fault" and the warning buzzer is beeping nonstop; fuel, battery & air gauges not working; cruise control not working; fan clutch remains on at all times. Brought it back to mechanic and he says my dashboard might be bad. I feel like the issue is somehow related to the work they've done. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Sounds like they messed with the settings in the engine. Did they do any programming or mess with the engine parameters? All those things will happen when the 1939 multiplexing parameter is changed or turned off in the engine.

CB79 Thanks this.
  4. CB79

CB79 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2016
    I'm not really sure. There's somewhat of a language barrier between us unfortunately. Assuming they did mess with the parameters, why would they do that? Were they attempting to turn off the ABS light, or are they supposed to reprogram the system after changing the ABS sensor? In your opinion, is this basically the only way all of these issues would surface at the same time?

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    If all that honestly did work before, and now they don't, then that repair shop obviously did something. Anything can happen and programming can get messed up any time you plug into these if you don't know what you are doing or run the battery down, or unplug while there is still data transmission and so on. I wasn't there, so I won't point fingers, but it is very possible and easy for them to have accidentally done this.

CB79 Thanks this.
  6. CB79

CB79 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Well, the problem has been fixed and it only cost $100. Turns out I had two bad jumpers on my batteries and a bunch of corrosion. I guess it really was just a coincidence that this happened right after they changed that ABS sensor. I can't believe it was something so simple.

Heavyd, thank you for responding to my post and for all of your contributions to this community. I've been following you here for a few years now and your advice has saved me money, and from a lot of headaches, too! You're a good dude. Keep it up. Thank you.

Heavyd Thanks this.
  7. rinkusaini

rinkusaini Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2017
    i have an 2014 Frieghtliner Cascadia and the abs lights don't come on when running the self diagnostics when i switch on the ignition. fuses and bulbs are good. i can hear the valves clicking when iswitch on the ignition. any ideas?

8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    You are asking this in the International Truck section. Ask this in the Freightliner section.
    Freightliner Forum

9. 22411

22411 Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2019

10. 22411

22411 Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2019
    If you're using Verizon ELD disconnect it and restart your truck it should work after that

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.