2010 386 power door locks

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by spax, Nov 25, 2015.

1. spax

spax Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    Just wanted to check and see if anyone else has had power door lock issues. If I replace the fuse there is a noise that sounds like a motor trying to work, then the fuse will blow. I'd like to have my pdl's functional and for my key fob to work. I am hoping someone has had a similar issue so I don't have to just start tearing into things blindly looking for I don't know what.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Sounds like a stuck switch maybe

spax Thanks this.
  4. spax

spax Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    Yes that sounds plausible. That would definitely be a good place to start. Thanks.

5. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Could also be a malfunctioning relay. I'm not very smart about electrical issues.

6. spax

spax Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    I finally got around to putting a new fuse in to see what happens for myself and the noise it makes comes from behind the steering column, it's continuous. If I press the door lock or unlock button, the noise stops but nothing else happens. I tried both driver and passenger doors and the same thing happens. Locks don't function or anything when I push the buttons.

7. spax

spax Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    So I accidentally found a blown fuse a week or so ago that's labeled rke. I replaced it but didn't know what it was for. A day later I hit my pdl button and I had working locks. I guess this fuse has something to do with the programming of the key fob and if blown causes a glitch with the pdl fuse. Anyway I'm glad to have power locks and key fob working.

8. Wvcoalpacker

Wvcoalpacker Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2017
    I have this same problem going on right now. I hope it’s just the fuse. The main access relay behind the steering column is getting hot to. I got behind the dash panel to see with the motor running sound was and found the hot relay. 09 389

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  9. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Rke is remote keyless entry.
    If that fuse is blown sometimes the power locks will jump up and down like crazy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.