2010 Cascadia DD13 EPA07 FAILURES

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by SammyJD, Apr 29, 2015.

1. JimmyJamz

JimmyJamz Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Yea about 10-12psi when at idle or stopped but when moving the pressure goes back up to about normal. Only having low oil pressure after engine gets hot and at a stop/idle, but doesn't trigger engine code or shut down all the time..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    PE_T Thanks this.
  4. JimmyJamz

JimmyJamz Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Thxx for the pressure specs. Was hoping to find out what might be causing the low oil pressure when at idle? Been told possibly could be the o-rings in the pick up tubes?

5. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    Detroit has updated O-rings but I am not sure it was 2010 or 2011 year model. check it at dealer. If they said you engine has updated O-rings factory installed then it could be something else( for sample broken valve in filter housing). in your case it think the oil pressure gauge is not accurate. mine was showing 10 psi at idle. when I connected DDDL I saw 18psi instead of 10psi and replaced the dash gauge.

PE_T Thanks this.
  6. JimmyJamz

JimmyJamz Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Copy and Thxx. I'll Probly try to replace the dash gauge and maybe I'll get lucky and not have to take to the repair shop..

7. JimmyJamz

JimmyJamz Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2015
    When you were having the low oil pressure issue with the dash gauge, was the engine light and shut down light coming on at times while you were at idle?

8. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    no.

9. JimmyJamz

JimmyJamz Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Yea mine does at times, I can push the override button and start moving again and pressure will go back to about normal and the lights will go out.. I've also noticed that the needle on the dash gauge will bounce around a little at times too..

10. JimmyJamz

JimmyJamz Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2015
    So was it fairly easy to change the dash gauge on the Cascadia? It looks simple from what I can see without moving the screws etc. Thxx

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.