2010 international a/c problem

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by asphaltcowboy7, Jun 15, 2019.

1. asphaltcowboy7

asphaltcowboy7 Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Hello all, need some help please.
    2010 International lonestar, a/c works in bunk but not cab, cab only blows warm air.
    A/c compressor, orifice tube, expansion valve, dryer-receiver, mode actuator & blend door actuator are all new within last 6 months..
    I checked all fuses & breakers, all looks good. Unplugged them to try resetting body controller but still no luck.
    Disconnected batteries & reconnect, no change.
    I have an FCAR 502 scanner, no body controller codes or any other for that matter from the hvac .
    Any help is much appreciated, don't really want to get screwed at a dealer if possible.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Navtech

Navtech Light Load Member

May 9, 2019
    You replaced both Expansion valves for sleeper and for cab?
    I would try the blend door actuator procedure with key switch on set the controls to defrost remove fuse F-1 B for 30 seconds reinstall and check operation

asphaltcowboy7 Thanks this.
  4. asphaltcowboy7

Oct 28, 2017
    Thank you for your reply, very much appreciated. I will try the blend door cycling & report back what happens. The bunk is blowing cold a/c so that expansion valve wasn't replaced, it seems to be functioning good back there.

5. asphaltcowboy7

Oct 28, 2017
    So I performed the cycle & it seemed to help! In addition, I found what I believe to be a bad seal at the blend door. I'll be adding heater hose shut off valves. Thank you for your help!

Navtech Thanks this.
  6. Navtech

Navtech Light Load Member

May 9, 2019
    I’m glad it worked for you.

asphaltcowboy7 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.