2010 prostar maxxforce 13 no power/speed

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by grandpa joe 71, Jul 9, 2016.

1. The freightshaker

The freightshaker Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2012
    North Carolina
    How do you replace the actuator ? I have removed thw 2 small nuts that hold it to the bracket but i cant figure out how to get the rod released? Any help would be appreciated thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    HeavyD is the guy with knowledge for this job. He should be along shortly.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Are talking about the waste gate actuator? Sorry, I am a few days behind here.

6. trulytex

trulytex Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Okeechobee, FL
    I p
    I am having the same issue on 2 trucks right now. Looses a couple Gallons of oil per day and won't go over 58 mph. Identical trucks, both 2014 and Consecutive VIN's. Both trucks have had the Oil Breather (aka Oil Seperator) and Jet Plate replaced as well as Fuel Pumps replaced. One of the Trucks just had an EGR/DPF Delete done a few weeks ago. I am guessing that it is a turbo Isaue Any ideas Heavy D?

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Do a blow by test on them. They might be carbon packed in the piston rings to cause the oil consumption. Hard to say with the deleting kits because we don't support or get into that.

trulytex Thanks this.
  8. steven7896

steven7896 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Topeka Kansas
    It's my understanding that other countries use the same setup without the mandated emissions installed. They still use the egr valve. Its necessary for the air management.

trulytex Thanks this.
  9. Danny62

Danny62 Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2019
    Hi
    I have a 2012 International twinsteer with a Maxxforce 13 which would idle fine , then would start missing when the RPM's got up, I have replaced both turbos, found out the wastegate is stuck open and truck has low boost, any idea what could cause this ?
    Thanks

10. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Two reasons, either it is seized, or the air control valve is letting air to it all the time. The waste gate is commanded open by the air control valve. When the ECM sees boost that is too high, it will trigger the valve to allow truck air to charge the wastegate pod to open the valve. The valve normally charges the wastegate right at key on, then dumps the air out once you get moving to allow full boost. So for a test, check the rod behind the wastegate pod then key on to see if it moves. It only travels about 12 mm, but if it does, that means your problem is somewhere else. If it is stuck, key off, and try to use a small hammer or pry bar to work it back in and soak it with a good penetrating spray oil.

11. Danny62

Danny62 Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2019
    i
    I've replaced both turbos,new wastegate and actuator , new wastegate control valve and harness, the wastegate will open but it won't close. Whatever tells it to close is not working . What is between the wastegate control valve and the ECM that tells it to close ? I've had it on the scanner at the dealer, the only thing that comes up is low boost pressure . Thanks

12. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The ECM controls the Air control valve, and that is what sends air pressure to the waste gate. Did they do an actuator test? That would confirm if it is working or not.

• Truckers Report Jobs