2012 Kenworth smart wheel

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by sofocleto, Apr 22, 2018.

1. sofocleto

sofocleto Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    HI guys:
    I would like some advice or if somebody has the wiring diagram for this truck would be awesome...

Smart wheel stop working completely there's no lights on it, no city horn, no jake brake no cruise control...
    however....
    When I'm driving on a rough road or make a left horn sounds like pulsations .._...__.. and the jake brake works for a while, I know is a short but I don't know where to start checking.
    I suspect the problem could be under the wheel inside the plastic covers on the steering column ..?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sofocleto

sofocleto Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Los Angeles CA

4. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    There is a fuse in the left kick panel for it. Also if the steer shaft is removed and the wheel is spun it can rip the ribbon that powers the wheel.
    Last six for diagram

5. sofocleto

sofocleto Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    That is so weird I just fix it today , it was the clockspring, bought it on Kenworth dealer for $350.00 and 1 hour wondering around I had to take the instrument panel out to reach the other end of the wiring and rented a steering wheel remover at autozone.

Thank you

6. StoltzTransport

StoltzTransport Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2022
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.